Left over Grease

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1ray

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Garland Tx
Was just wondering how everyone gets rid of the left over grease that is in the smoker after their cooks.

Grease/juice that I catch in a pan or foil gets poured into a separator and goes into the frig for an hour or so. Grease gets spooned off and into the trash, never down the drain.

Into a baggie, into the freezer until trash day then into the trash.
Rats like BBQ too.

• Haha
Reactions: Torc
I sometimes do large cooks and was wondering if there was a proper way to dispose of it.

We keep old plastic containers, cool whip, chinese soup containers, etc and drain and fat produced during cooking whether stove top or smoker. Once the container is full, it goes in the trash

Into plastic bag for trash also. Send to magic mountain. Local term for land fill. Years ago was flat land then in time a mountain appeared.
😳

Animal Fats that are solid when cold, can be mixed with Chicken Scratch Seed or Wild Bird Seed, frozen in disposable pans, cut into pieces and fed to your Chickens, or tied to a branch for wild birds to eat.
Heck of a lot cheaper than Suet Blocks from stores. Of course, this dont work so good during 95°+ Summer Days.☺...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky