Laying in a holiday supply

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doubles shooter

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Upstate Western NY
I happened to stumble on a good sale of sharp cheddar. Two pound blocks for $4.99 so I bought all they had. Wound up with 38 pounds. It was the last day of the sale so sadly I couldn't go back and get more.

I cut it into 1lb sticks.

Into the smoker for 3.5-4 hours of cherry/apple smoke

Done and awaiting vac packing. Not strong on the color, but past experience perfect smoke flavor.

All bagged up in Lisa's pretty gold bags. I cut some down to 8oz size too. This is the start of my Christmas gifts. Going to keep both of my smokers busy making goody packages for friends and family.

Reactions: xray and crazymoon
That looks great! I buy most of my cheese from Wegman's and I find that the sharp cheddar you have purchased tastes the best when smoked.

I did 16lbs last year, and I am down to my last 8oz block, time to do more!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky