Late night Brisket on.....Bed time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishawn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Olympia, WA
Got an 8# Brisket on a Big Chief smoker which does not
have any temperature control. I have put 6 pans of smoke
chips to it in a 5 hour period & think it has got enough smoke.

QUESTION IS: Can I leave it in the Big Chief overnight at
whatever LOW temperature it can produce & finish it later
the next morning in the oven or a gas grill with a
thermometer?

I did a late night brisket about a month ago. After the it got enough smoke, I wrapped it in foil, added apple juice, and brought it into the set at the temp I wanted (sorry I can't remember the temp). I do remember I brought it in at 11:30pm and at 2pm it reached 165, so I turned the oven off and went to sleep, leaving it in the oven. In the morning, I turned the oven back on, and let it finish it's cook. It was delicious. I'm not one of the more experienced folks here, but I hope this helps.

Sunny,
Thanks for your input......I was kinda thinking the same thing
as far as finishing.......I Appreciate your help!

I did a brisket on a day I had class intermittently. I heated it up about 5, put more wood in about 9, it raised the temp a little higher at first, a few hours later, it had dropped to about 170 when I had gotten home. I simply heated it back up and it came out like I had never missed a temp. Even done on time.

Fell asleep @ 2:30am, sorry RICHTEE could not go for the "red-eye" smoking award last night. Brisket sat in the Big Chief until 9:00am where I put one more pan of smoke to it, then onto the Weber gasser it will go at about 250* till it hits 160*, then foiled & into the oven @ 250* till it hits about 200*. Q-views later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky