Last smoke of the year!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b-one, Nov 29, 2014.

1. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Most likely the last smoke of the year after this work gets crazy! Got a pork butt about seven lbs. planning on burnt ends with it.

2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Make it a good one :)

3. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I am watching.

I hate when work get in the way of cooking.

4. b-one

Also split a rack of BB ribs. One with our Memphis style rub, like the butt. The other with an all puprise rub from Jack Stack, I bought some mail order que before I started doing my own.

5. b-one

Planning on firing up the WSM with pecan and cherry with KBB. Here's a pic of the other half a rack. I only seem to be able to load one pic at a time using an iPhone it may just be user error!

6. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Last smoke of the year?!? Man, you'd have to shoot me now if I was told that!

However, if it's the last, make it a good one! Looks like you're well on the way...

7. b-one

Yes it's sad but the good news is in jan/ feb a friend and I are going to work on some different rubs and won't have to pay for it since its for work.

8. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's too bad about this being your last of the Season . I enjoy "Queing" all year and guaranteed my chances of doing it by building a Q-Bana ... now all I need do is make it through the back yard to the Smoker . . .

staple cheap plastic to it and you're warm from the Smoker...only thing outside is a FB and it melts anything on it...

9. b-one

I smoke in my garage, I just leave the door open. I'm sure in January there will be more good times on the smoker! I want to fire up some more briskets among other tasty treats.

10. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like your doing a great smoke !

Makin it count !

:beercheer:

11. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Still a whole month to go before the end! Our Christmas turkey is usually one of the last times the smoker gets lit each year here - unless we are entertaining New Years Eve.

12. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

I plan to keep smoking throughout the winter. I keep finding new recipes to do. Although the grill is put away. Ham for Xmas, Canadian bacon, salmon to snack on for Xmas and new years. more beef jerky we can't forget kielbasa for new years.

13. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Enjoy your last smoke !!!!

14. IF YOUR WORK GETS IN FRONT OF YOUR SMOKING, YOUR WORKING A LITTLE TO HARD,,,,,,, [​IMG]

15. b-one

If I don't pay the bills there will be no smoke! So day started poorly someone stole the guts to my WSM!?!? I toss them in a plastic tote to clean them and the waterbowl at work I saw a lid that looks like mine down the street but haven't found any other parts:(. Bought some new grates will have to use one for a water pan for now,time to get this show on th road!

16. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

b-one, you said after this last smoke things get busy. Your not the man in the Big Red Suit and white beard are you?

Smokin Monkey �

17. red dog

red dog Smoking Fanatic

Yes, Winter is a b!^ch when it comes to smoking. That's why we set my MES up in a room in the shop with a exhaust for the smoke. Now I can do sausage, cheese, and bacon during the cold months. Hope your last smoke is a good one!

18. b-one

Not me but I do snowplow where I work on top of what I already do, but January an
    d February are slow months for us so it balances out! Here's a pic 3 hours in wanted to stick the probe in the butt!

19. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Wade, what time on New Years Eve? Do I need to bring a Bottle? :thumb1: :ROTF

Smokin Monkey �

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  20. b-one

Ok ribs are done!