Last Resting Place

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Last Resting Place

I'm going to get you guys tired of me yet, but since I can still squeeze out one more post, I'll show you where I'm headed next, before I go:

Below is a Picture of My & My Brother Jim's family, from back in 2021, when they took Jim's ashes up to Saw Creek for eternal rest. Saw Creek was one of our favorite Trout Streams & Deer Hunting areas.
Years ago, Jim & I put our parent's ashes in "Red Rock Run", which is just a bit down stream of Saw Creek.
Then in July of 2021, this gang "Below" took Jim's ashes up. I was not able to make that trip.
Bear Jr held everyone's hand, one by one, so nobody would fall in the Creek, while they each poured part of the ashes into one of our favorite Trout Hot-Spots.

Now they all will be doing the same thing with my ashes. Then this journey will be over.

Until we Meet,
Bear

Bear Jr, Mrs Bear, and Bethany in the top left corner,
to the right of the bald guy with shades on:
If you look closely you can see a part of Saw Creek behind My Sister and her husband George, on the far right & behind the left end.
unnamed.jpg

Bear

Last edited:
Last Resting Place

I'm going to get you guys tired of me yet, but since I can still squeeze out one more post, I'll show you where I'm headed next, before I go:

Below is a Picture of My & My Brother Jim's family, from back in 2021, when they took Jim's ashes up to Saw Creek for eternal rest. Saw Creek was one of our favorite Trout Streams & Deer Hunting areas.
Years ago, Jim & I put our parent's ashes in "Red Rock Run", which is just a bit down stream of Saw Creek.
Then in July of 2021, this gang "Below" took Jim's ashes up. I was not able to make that trip.
Bear Jr held everyone's hand, one by one, so nobody would fall in the Creek, while they each poured part of the ashes into one of our favorite Trout Hot-Spots.

Now they all will be doing the same thing with my ashes. Then this journey will be over.

Until we Meet,
Bear

Bear Jr, Mrs Bear, and Bethany in the top left corner,
to the right of the bald guy with shades on:
If you look closely you can see a little part of Saw Creek behind My Sister
and her husband George, on the far right:
View attachment 655010

Bear

So sad bear I hope at least you find comfort in seeing long lost battle buddies and family again. Fair Winds and Following Seas Brother. We will always remember you and forever miss you.

Reactions: jcam222
I'm going to get you guys tired of me yet

The hell you say... That will never happen

Welp... Here come the tears again... John... You are TRUELY an amazing man... I hope I am at peace with this scenario (like you are) when the time comes... I just can't imagine how proud your family is of you... I know I am ...

Again (still tearing up).. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service and your dedication to SMF ... You have changed the way we all cook in one way or another ...

I love you Brother and rest easy with no worries ... You will be back with your family at some point...

And I must say.. That looks like the PERFECT resting grounds... No outside world.. ohhhh the peace and quite ...

Thank you Bear for all the teaching that you have done. Beautiful resting place that you truly deserve.

Reactions: negolien
That’s a beautiful place John. Rest assured your presence here will be a legacy we will all carry on. Still praying for peace for you and your family during this time.

Looks like Heaven on Earth. I think you'll be just fine there. Hard to type with tears so I'll just say thank you once again for all you have given. Peace be with you...

Dean

So inspiring! Its sad, yet so great to see such a beautiful family come together and salute lost family members in such an honoring way as a tradition! I truly feel that is the way to go and wish I had half as beautiful of a place to do so!

Bear, your dried venison is so perfect. You have helped me a lot. You are a gem and one day we will meet.. I’m sure of it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky