Last haul of the season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phanman

Original poster
Sep 14, 2020
Probably last haul of the season: jalapeños, yellow habaneros, scotch bonnets, chocolate habaneros, and reapers. I don’t know what to do with all the peppers from this season. I have 4 gallon zip locks in the freezer full of various peppers and that’s after making batches of hot sauce, pepper relish, and fermenting peppers.
Wife said, I think those ones (chocolate habs) are bad, they are brown and might be rotten. 😂

Attachments

• 2607DD44-6309-442D-B890-5C8998B31146.jpeg
    2607DD44-6309-442D-B890-5C8998B31146.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 17
Wish you had saved more fresh for my suggestion.
Smoke and dry the jalapeno (even the green ones) and make chipotle.
Dry the reaper, habanero and scotch bonnet.
Dry completely and keep them whole until needed. Then you decide if to keep or toss the seeds.
Pulverize in the spice grinder as needed.

I have dried (whole) habanero, ghost, Korean, and Thai in my pantry.
Warning! A very small amount of dried powder is enough to remove paint and blister skin.

Dry the reaper, habanero and scotch bonnet.
Dry completely and keep them whole until needed.
I have 2 gallon bags of dried whole peppers in the pantry. I am sure my wife thinks I have a problem with peppers, fermenting, hot sauce, and pickling (among other things I am sure). I like to add the dried habaneros to pickle jars and makes for a most epic pickle!

Reactions: 73saint
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky