Lang 60 w/warmer in Alabama

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's interesting, been looking for a 48 but if the price is right the 60 will do fine, just a lot more than I need or want.   The ends on this unit are rounded like an LP tank.  The pics on the Lang website show the ends flat.  As if the unit was made from rolled steel.  Any comments on the age and performance of this design compared to the newer designs? 

Al

Al that may be a Lang 84 which would be the same size as mine. That one does look newer than mine tho and the wood box is different. They started rolling their own tanks a year or two ago prior to that they had the rounded ends. Some people prefer the rounded ends but I honestly don't know that it makes a big difference 

icon_cool.gif

Now that smoker looks pretty nice and I know where Alabama is now.

It was relisted on eBay and is now getting bids, eBay item # 110623459649

Last edited:
Great buy, I think that one is 1/8 steel and was before they rolled their own steel, also seems the capacity is under rated. Must be an estate sale, the owner would know more about it

Yea,  $ 4,200 for a new 84 deluxe.   He originally posted it as a 60 and pulled the capacities off the Lang website, that's why they are still wrong.  I think they have become better educated with all the questions that where posted.  It is a good price if you are in the market for a smoker that large.  It was pulled last week with no bids so I am surprised that there are two bids now, two bids but it is still showing the minimum opening bid amount.

I've never messed with eBay so this is going to be interesting to watch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky