• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Labor Day Throwdown: Anything Goes Free-For-All

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
:emoji_wink: Let's get the creative thinking caps on and put together your

1692239891881.png

Ok now , flaming wood and then I , I , I , give me a minute. I got this . Flaming wood and .

Come on, a little help here , lol

David

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
4...Yes Four weekends left folks...Get the fires lit, the coals smoking, the proteins cooking. I need a bunch of receipes and ideas to steal, um borrow!

Jim

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
The weekend is winding down. Let's make sure to put that cute little "Labor Day" sign on your finished plate and send it is for a chance to win some of the amazing TD prizes we have to offer up for this one.

Robert

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
image000000.jpeg

This fella has been hanging out at my job. Looking for suggestions on catching and cooking it. Should I brine it? Smoke it or grill it? Rotisserie? Spatchcock or leave it whole? Help me out here!

Jim

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Um.......no........LOL!!!
Come on Keith, we all know you love a good braised basted beer can buzzard. It's a Loosiana staple for God's sake :emoji_laughing: Being the culinary guru that you are, you're well aware that the key is correct wine pairing.

Here ya go buddy. A little place in Waco just for you.
1692883823908.png

Have not been there for a few years but they serve some truly amazing and authentic Cajun food. This place is fantastic.

Robert

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Um.....No.......
No to the restaurant or no to the beer can buzzard? Personally I don't see how you could refuse either but certainly not both :emoji_laughing: Seriously though, Buzzard Billy's is a truly exceptional restaurant....at least it used to be. The menu still looks amazing but as noted, I've not been there for several years.

Robert

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
No to buzzard on a smoker in any form...
So that means JLeonard JLeonard can grill it or cook in the crock pot and you'll be excited sitting down to a big steaming plate of it? :emoji_laughing:
You first!! LOL!!!
I ain't scared. If Jim cooks it, I'll eat it. A buzzard isn't much more than a possum with wings :emoji_astonished: It'd certainly get points for creativity and originality.

Robert

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Just thought I would bump this up , It is another weekend

like he just bumped the lamp pole

1693045251797.png

Get your labor day smokes on

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky