Labor Day Firehouse Porkpolooza!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So we had a big workday up at the deer camp this past weekend. I smoked 2 boston butts last weds. for pulled pork at the camp. Quick and easy to warm up for sandwiches on a bun after a long day of plowing and planting, hanging stands, etc...

I had a lot left over; enough for lunch at the firehouse with the guys. I made another coleslaw for a side (or on the bun if you prefer it that way).
IMG_20220905_123845.jpg

We had some stuff to fix on the tractor after the weekend so brought that to the firehouse to get that done too. New tractor seat, replace the safety switch under the seat, new bulbs in the flashing caution lights, lube job on the brush hog and tractor, etc. Worked on that all afternoon.

Cousin had a pot simmering all afternoon. He was making what was to become "Jambalaya Po-boys".
IMG_20220905_171638.jpg

Along with a crock pot of white beans for a side....
IMG_20220905_171647.jpg

I totally forgot to take a pic. of my jambalaya po-boy. But it was very good!

To make jambalaya po-boys, you proceed just like you would if you are making a jambalaya. Only season the meat less because you will not be adding rice to soak it up. And don't add all the water like you would for the rice, add 1/4 of it and just keep simmering the meat until it can be mashed to shred it for sandwiches. I like to slice the smoke sausage thinner as well. Eat that on po-boy pistoletes.

Reactions: crazymoon
Some great looking food there! pot of beans and the jambalaya poboys really sound/look good!! Thanks for sharing this!

Last edited:
Hose draggers sure do know how to cook great food :<) oh and throw slumber parties LOL.... Thanks for sharing looks great tell your buddies we appreciate what you all do... Even if you do have to be cleared into a scene heheh..

giggle.png

Some great looking food there! pot of beans and the jambalaya poboys really sound/look good!! Thanks for sharing this!
Thanks tbern!

Looks crazy delicious. And, I forget how much I love from-scratch beans until I see some really good looking ones.
Thanks Sven!

Hose draggers sure do know how to cook great food :<) oh and throw slumber parties LOL.... Thanks for sharing looks great tell your buddies we appreciate what you all do... Even if you do have to be cleared into a scene heheh..
Will do. Thanks negolien!

Wow Keith, that's a pretty awesome array of food right there buddy. Great looking stuff and I'd imagine very well received after all that work leading up to it. Excellent job my friend.

Robert

Wow Keith, that's a pretty awesome array of food right there buddy. Great looking stuff and I'd imagine very well received after all that work leading up to it. Excellent job my friend.

Robert
Thank you Robert!

IDS, Another excellent meal(s) you've served up!
Thanks Crazy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky