Korean spicy BBQ sauce - Gochujang

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

saltysandman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
SFla
hey all,

thought id share my go-to korean spicy bbq sauce. warning: once you try it, you may put it on everything. i sometimes mix it with just white rice.

you can use as a finishing sauce (pulled pork), marinade and basting sauce. it's spicy and sweet. it will carmelize quick though so be wary when using it while searing. mix it in with your favorite bbq sauce to add umami depth.

Gochujang Sauce
6 parts Gochujang (fermented chili paste)*
3 parts sesame oil
3 parts sugar - brown or white
3 parts water
1 part vinegar

mix together until sugar is dissolved. you can put in a red ketchup bottle but you may need to cut the tip, on an angle. sauce is a little thicker than ketchup.

*amazon lookup "gochujang" or find at your local asian market

I love the flavor of gojucjang. Have been trying to fin a sugar free version. If I do I’ll try your sauce subbing in Swerve brown sugar. Thanks for sharing

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky