KJ Classic 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Primerib

Original poster
May 31, 2018
What would you guys pay for a Kamado Joe Classic 1 at this point? There’s been a display model sitting at my local fleet farm for literally a few years for $750 that I’ve been waiting to go on sale just to get rid of it. I finally asked about it and they said they’d knock it down to $675. This doesn’t seem like quite a good enough deal to rush out the door given the seeming improvements with the Classic 2 but it did get me thinking...

• Wow
Reactions: negolien
In other words, I like feeling like I got a good deal even better than I like the latest and greatest products but this doesn’t quite feel like it.

That's a pretty good deal. I like the idea of a ceramic grill, but not sure for the price they are that much better than a Weber kettle?

That's a pretty good deal. I like the idea of a ceramic grill, but not sure for the price they are that much better than a Weber kettle?

I know what you mean, I have a couple kettles myself. We have very cold winters here (MN) and I’m particularly interested in the extra insulation for long smokes, but I haven’t even used a Kamado before. I expect I’ll get one someday but not sure if this is the one.

I have an SNS Kamado and a KJ Jr. Both are excellent and I use them frequently, probably more than my kettles now. I think the 750 is not that bad of a price for the original. I have definitely thought about it in the past. For what it's worth Walmart put the original on sale for 375 in November. Not sure why exactly.

Depends on which one you really want and can swing. If you can swing the Classic II, then go for that. But if not, or you don't want to pay that price, the Classic I would be great.

Reactions: Primerib
I have owned a KJ Classic I for 11+ years. I have had other grills come and go over that time, but the KJ is never going anywhere. $750 is a great price for an excellent, do it all grill.

For that money I think I would get a gravity feed with a winter cover. Also if you have an Ace Hardware near you, they will usually make a great deal.

I got the classic one a few years back and love it..my BIL got the upgrade in a classic two i think..it has more bells and whistles than mine but when you fire them up and close that lit I don't notice a bit of difference..they look the same on the inside to me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky