Kitchen knife etiquette

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My trouble is with all the numbness in previously smashed fingers and such , I don't even know I'm cut until is see blood on something else .

You too Rich? I thought I was the only one who bled all over and didn't know it until there was blood on the floor. Must be a carpenter thing, lucky us!

Ouch. . . I guess steel toe boots are needed when making breakfast.

The wife came close barefooted with the carving knife when I first purchased the new set. Very lucky !

You too Rich? I thought I was the only one who bled all over and didn't know it until there was blood on the floor. Must be a carpenter thing, lucky us!

You may be onto something here Ray. I've been a carpenter my whole life. Can't tell you how many times Tracy has come in and said "you're bleeding, what happened?" and I don't have a clue. Didn't even know I was bleeding. Gratefully it's not been in the kitchen. Usually it's working in the yard. I did manage to bleed quite a bit when I was putting together the Santa Maria grill. I about eviscerated myself and still have a nice scar to show for that one :emoji_astonished: Also smashed a few fingers real good but that only drew minimal blood.

OUCH Steve!!
Robert

Ouch!! I bet a few choice words were spoken. Look a the bright side you save the floor from a good gouge. :emoji_astonished:

Just a "few"! Wish it would have hit the floor. It is going to be replaced soon!

Oh my a story I just remembered from years ago. My brother was deboning a ham an the knife slipped. Stabbed himself below the belt. Doctor said lucky the old boy was laying to the left or he would of stabbed or cut him.

Damn Steve you were lucky.

I have a tendency to use my foot to stop falling objects, need to stop doing that.

John

I used to do that as well. After a 5 pound hammer bounced off my foot. I quickly gave up that practice!

You guys reminded me of an old one that happened to me:
This has nothing to do with cooking, but when I was about 10, I was sharpening a point on a stick, with my pocket knife. The blade slipped off the stick & cut about a 3" gash in the front of my pants. I was thinking about the trouble I was going to be in for ruining my pants, when I felt something tickling my ankle. I pulled up my pants leg to see what was crawling around on my ankle, and found that that tickling was actually blood running down from the 3" gash that was in the front of my thigh.
My Mom bandaged it up, and when my Dad got home from work she told him to look what his Son did. I showed him my leg, and I'll never forget what this PA Dutchman said--->> "One of these days, Kid, You're going to come home with your Wingwanger laying in the ditch!"
Never Forget that one!!

Bear

That's why we wear white pants in St. Louis , so the blood shows up better .

OUCH! for sure and could have been worse. luckily i have not dropped one that actully stabbed my foot, but did have one stick in the right next to my foot and they i about s**t myself.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky