Kitchen knife etiquette

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Mom bandaged it up, and when my Dad got home from work she told him to look what his Son did. I showed him my leg, and I'll never forget what this PA Dutchman said--->> "One of these days, Kid, You're going to come home with your Wingwanger laying in the ditch!"

You better hurry up John, Time is running out. :emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

Chris

was it the conditioned reflex to try and break the knife's fall? i know i do that instinctually to prevent things from breaking on my tile floor. i see that many of us also have this reflex.

i'll have to test it with a knife. maybe not.

was it the conditioned reflex to try and break the knife's fall? i know i do that instinctually to prevent things from breaking on my tile floor. i see that many of us also have this reflex.

i'll have to test it with a knife. maybe not.

Last time I tested my reflex, was on a 270° Smoking Chicken Thigh.
Caught it between my Bare hand & the front edge of my MES 40 Rack.
Couldn't hold it long, and dropped it to the Dirty Floor.
It was last seen flying over My Pet Cemetery to the woods behind it.
Luckily I had 8 more on the Rack.

Bear

i learned a long time ago to avoid falling objects with my feet.
10 years old and my father dropped a cultivator frame off the stand. 2 broken big toes.
I have peripheral neuropathy from chemo suffer hand and feet pain often. Hey though pain means urxalive though right?
I know a family that has hereditary peripheral neuropathy. Not a good thing.
I have Raynaud's (or white finger) in my right hand which really sucks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky