Kielbasa!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Mom would pull out her biggest pressure cooker and fill it with a couple pounds of cut up Kielbasa, a head or two of cored/quartered green cabbage, Russet potatoes peeled/halved, a chopped onion or two, a whole stick of butter, a palmful each of Kosher salt, coarse black pepper and crushed red pepper.
It only took like 10 minutes to cook, don't know the heat/pressure.
Was one of my favorite dinners... Haven't had it in way too long, need to fix that.

no liquid in there?

Of course there was, how else would a stove top pressure cooker work.
Pressure cooker, steamer, deep fryer, they all need a liquid to work.
Sorry, I thought that'dbe taken for granted.

Man I don't remember if she always used water, she may have used some stock sometimes.

thats what I was asking... what kind of liquid. just curious.

Oh Yeah!!
That Kielbasa looks Mighty Tasty from my house!!!:)
Great snacking for the upcoming (4 weeks) Football Season!
I could go for some of that right now---Yummmm!!
Like,

Bear

Thanks Bear, yea some is put away for that! Appreciate ya dropping a line & the like!

Exactly!!
Here I thought I was the only one who did that.

Sorry for the HiJack, Justin, but this had to be said.

Bear

No worries Bear, that's why we do what we do... Cause there's more than one way to do stuff! Some like sausage stuffed or some like loaves... All personal preference in my opinion! My fam, we like all! But to each their own... I think you'll agree... As long as the sausage, whether it's stuffed or loaves is done & smoked safely.... Enjoy!

Justin my friend sorry for being so late,just stupidly busy.I will be in the car dealers all day today for service.
That Kielbasa is making me drool,thanks for the kind words and I am happy to see you enjoyed it. Points
Richie

Oh SNAP! Lookie there at them great looking sausages! LOVE IT!
I so badly want to make Richie's recipe Kielbassa! But I still have a lot of TSM mix left

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words & like! Richie's recipe is awesome, you'll enjoy it when ya make it!

My Mom would pull out her biggest pressure cooker and fill it with a couple pounds of cut up Kielbasa, a head or two of cored/quartered green cabbage, Russet potatoes peeled/halved, a chopped onion or two, a whole stick of butter, a palmful each of Kosher salt, coarse black pepper and crushed red pepper.
It only took like 10 minutes to cook, don't know the heat/pressure.
Was one of my favorite dinners... Haven't had it in way too long, need to fix that.

I've gotta try this! Thanks Chile!

looks great...possibly get the recipe from ya?

Thanks! Sorry for the delayed response.... Looks like Richie posted his recipe for ya. Make this kielbasa recipe, you will not be disappointed!

Justin my friend sorry for being so late,just stupidly busy.I will be in the car dealers all day today for service.
That Kielbasa is making me drool,thanks for the kind words and I am happy to see you enjoyed it. Points
Richie

Hey buddy, no worries! I'm sorry for the very late reply! That recipe of yours is top notch & now our go to for kielbasa! We really enjoyed it, have some packed in the freezer to snack on and for a couple things like jambalaya! Appreciate the recipe, kind words & point my friend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky