Kielbasa time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rippper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
merto detroit, michigan
Just finished up 15 LBS of kielbasa.. 10 lb pork butt 5 lb venison. Smoked at 170 till I. T of 130...then in 165 degree hot water bath till I. T . Of 157... Then in ice water cool down. Resting a while,
20181209_152116.jpg
20181209_204307.jpg
20181209_210929.jpg
then in the fridge overnite

Attachments

• 20181209_200726.jpg
    20181209_200726.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 4
Ohhhh and the Hog casings I got were the worst ... Tried rinsing them and all had "blow outs" took em back and got another pack and they were garbage too... Used almost thr whole pack to finish 15 LBS....

They look real good to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

i usually get mine from the local butcher, i tell him i'm making 20 lbs and he sells me the proper amount. he was out , so i tried the salted junk from another store. thx for the feed back, lesson learned.

Great looking kielbasa, Great color. Is that a scratch recipe or a mix? Like for sure and congrats on the carousel ride.

These look great and a big like. I have had such problems getting natural hog casings, I have given up and use collagen.

That Kielbasa looks great...you like that 1/3 venison ratio? I have always been curious what ratio of meat allows it to considered a wild game (venison) sausage...at least for resale as wild game sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky