1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured KetoQ Cookout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcam222, Aug 10, 2019.

1. jcam222

jcam222 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

04E01E06-AFCD-46B6-9522-94F9C4ABBA80.jpeg 97718BCD-72D1-43D4-94D5-DB2128970B4D.jpeg CA913471-F989-4EA3-AAF4-E3A85EE76E98.jpeg 54D35F82-FFD6-40B7-80D5-D071FBCB2015.jpeg B586B005-C376-4BFB-AA00-B76F06F6142A.jpeg My wife and I along with many extended family have been following a keto diet for quite awhile. Had them over for a little KetoQ today :) All cooked in the smoker with apple and cherry wood mix - pulled beef, bacon chicken ranch fatties, pork belly burnt ends, green beans and COWBOY BAKED BEANS!!

Yes you heard right KETO baked beans. I have been wanting to try a spin on baked beans for quite awhile. I try to avoid soy typically but will now make an occasional exception for these. The baked beans are made of black soy bean, ground pork, bacon, onions, sugar free ketchup, sugar free bbq, chipotle peppers, tomato paste and golden lankanto. Home run these were :) They smoked while the other meat goodness dripped in them :) Black soybeans only have 1 net carb per half cup.

The pork belly was smoked, cooled and cubed, mixed my SF sweet heat rub in with butter and SF bbq and caramlized by double smoking. Melt in your mouth pig candy :)

The beef was chuck rubbed with salt, pepper, cocoa and coffee smoked to 205F and pulled. The water pan in my smoker was beef broth which takes on the smoke and is mixed back through the beef.

Green beans were just cheap canned green beans, onions and some bacon thrown in the smoker too. Pretty yummy.

Fatties are ground chicken stuffed with cheddar, ranch , bacon and onion wrapped in a bacon weave and smoked. Make a ranch bbq sauce for it. Forgot to snap a pic of the finished rolls. Will add a cross cut later :)

tallbm, Derek717, tropics and 2 others like this.
  2. clifish

clifish Smoke Blower

what sugar free bbq sauce are you using, I have some that is not bad on it's own but if I try to caramelize or heat it up the aspartame taste really comes out and it is lousy.

jcam222 likes this.
  3. jcam222

jcam222 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I’m using G Hughes original or hickory usually. The ends were light on the bbq sauce and heavier on the Lankanto Golden , butter and my sugar free sweet heat rub.

4. clifish

clifish Smoke Blower

that is the same one I was using...wife did pulled pork (don't flame me it was in a crock pot) and it was horrible. Not much better when I coated ribs and tried to sear on the grill. Now I will say this all happened before I got into smoking so I will have to give it another go. I would love to duplicate your bean recipe.

jcam222 likes this.
  5. PoukieBear

PoukieBear Smoke Blower

Oh man that all looks so good!

jcam222 likes this.
  6. Omnivore

Omnivore Fire Starter

Everything looks crazy good, especially those pork belly burnt ends!

jcam222 likes this.
  7. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Your food looks great, and I have a lot of respect for anyone that follows the Keto diet. I tried it last year but had to yell "No Mas" after a month.

Derek717 and jcam222 like this.
  8. drdon

drdon Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Don't know if I could go KETO, but the meal looks great. I wouldn't have a problem with that every day.

jcam222 likes this.
  9. tropics

tropics Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Don't know anything about diets
    That food looks good to me. LIKES
    Richie

jcam222 likes this.
  10. uncle eddie

uncle eddie Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome spread! Like!

How did the soy-"beans" turn out?

We don't do Keto but I have made Jambalaya stuffed fatties (no rice) that are well within acceptable calorie range.

jcam222 likes this.
  11. kawboy

kawboy Smoking Fanatic

That sounds good, any details?

jcam222 likes this.
  12. uncle eddie

13. kawboy

kawboy Smoking Fanatic

jcam222 likes this.
  14. uncle eddie

Those 2 examples had a little bit of rice. I have done them no rice as well...basically a chicken, shrimp and andioulle sausage with cheese filler

jcam222 and kawboy like this.
  15. tallbm

tallbm Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That all looks fantastic! Keep it up!

jcam222 likes this.
  16. clifish

clifish Smoke Blower

Sub in riced cauliflower for the rice and your good to go.

kawboy likes this.