KetoQ Cookout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
04E01E06-AFCD-46B6-9522-94F9C4ABBA80.jpeg
97718BCD-72D1-43D4-94D5-DB2128970B4D.jpeg
CA913471-F989-4EA3-AAF4-E3A85EE76E98.jpeg
54D35F82-FFD6-40B7-80D5-D071FBCB2015.jpeg
B586B005-C376-4BFB-AA00-B76F06F6142A.jpeg
My wife and I along with many extended family have been following a keto diet for quite awhile. Had them over for a little KetoQ today :) All cooked in the smoker with apple and cherry wood mix - pulled beef, bacon chicken ranch fatties, pork belly burnt ends, green beans and COWBOY BAKED BEANS!!

Yes you heard right KETO baked beans. I have been wanting to try a spin on baked beans for quite awhile. I try to avoid soy typically but will now make an occasional exception for these. The baked beans are made of black soy bean, ground pork, bacon, onions, sugar free ketchup, sugar free bbq, chipotle peppers, tomato paste and golden lankanto. Home run these were :) They smoked while the other meat goodness dripped in them :) Black soybeans only have 1 net carb per half cup.

The pork belly was smoked, cooled and cubed, mixed my SF sweet heat rub in with butter and SF bbq and caramlized by double smoking. Melt in your mouth pig candy :)

The beef was chuck rubbed with salt, pepper, cocoa and coffee smoked to 205F and pulled. The water pan in my smoker was beef broth which takes on the smoke and is mixed back through the beef.

Green beans were just cheap canned green beans, onions and some bacon thrown in the smoker too. Pretty yummy.

Fatties are ground chicken stuffed with cheddar, ranch , bacon and onion wrapped in a bacon weave and smoked. Make a ranch bbq sauce for it. Forgot to snap a pic of the finished rolls. Will add a cross cut later :)

what sugar free bbq sauce are you using, I have some that is not bad on it's own but if I try to caramelize or heat it up the aspartame taste really comes out and it is lousy.

Reactions: jcam222
what sugar free bbq sauce are you using, I have some that is not bad on it's own but if I try to caramelize or heat it up the aspartame taste really comes out and it is lousy.
I’m using G Hughes original or hickory usually. The ends were light on the bbq sauce and heavier on the Lankanto Golden , butter and my sugar free sweet heat rub.

that is the same one I was using...wife did pulled pork (don't flame me it was in a crock pot) and it was horrible. Not much better when I coated ribs and tried to sear on the grill. Now I will say this all happened before I got into smoking so I will have to give it another go. I would love to duplicate your bean recipe.

Don't know if I could go KETO, but the meal looks great. I wouldn't have a problem with that every day.

Awesome spread! Like!

How did the soy-"beans" turn out?

We don't do Keto but I have made Jambalaya stuffed fatties (no rice) that are well within acceptable calorie range.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky