Keto Magic Bars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
These are decadent and ok for both keto / diabetics. Shortbread crust with unsweetened coconut, Lily’s SF chocolate and butterscotch chips with homemade caramel. If anyone is interested I can type up the recipe.
3FE7C4E1-D8AB-4DC3-8243-7E74CC2FF640.jpeg
120E6834-8BC9-4EFA-A7A0-5B549BC337C0.jpeg

Those look like heaven! Jeff I wouldnt mind having the the recipe. Ivy has been kepping her carbs below 30g per day most days for the last 2 months and this would make her a happy camper for sure!

Reactions: jcam222
Those look like heaven! Jeff I wouldnt mind having the the recipe. Ivy has been kepping her carbs below 30g per day most days for the last 2 months and this would make her a happy camper for sure!
I’ll get it on here in the next day. These I think are 5 net per bar. The recipe I based this on is a bit vague on that so I will do the math on the ingredients at some point too. The cheesecake I posted last week is awesome too and even lower in net carbs.

I’ll get it on here in the next day. These I think are 5 net per bar. The recipe I based this on is a bit vague on that so I will do the math on the ingredients at some point too. The cheesecake I posted last week is awesome too and even lower in net carbs.
Awesome! Thanks Jeff!

I just did 3 weeks of keto - lost 10 pounds - but I never EVER had anything that looked that good. Like!

My one indulgence was bourbon 🥃

Those do look good Jeff. Butterscotch and caramel are two favs' here

Point for sure
Chris

Those look good, post it up if you get a chance.
Ok the basic recipe is compliments of the folks at Cast Iron keto. Several things I did different to dial it in for my tastes 1) I made a double batch and instead of doubling chocolate chips did 9 oz of chocolate chip and 9 oz. of the new Lily’s butterscotch. 2) For the caramel sauce I use half Swerve Brown and half Allulose. Makes a creamier and easier caramel sauce that doesn’t revert as badly to a grainy sugar texture. 3) When doubling the recipe next time I will triple the shortbread component. It for me is a bit thin which could have to do with my baking this in a full size casserole dish. These are great cold but also awesome to nuke for 15 to 20 seconds and eat the gooey goodness with a fork. The addition of the butterscotch chips is absolutely necessary for these IMO. Walmart for one is carrying the new Lily’s flavors which include butterscotch , salted caramel and mint chocolate. https://www.castironketo.net/blog/keto-magic-bars/

These are decadent and ok for both keto / diabetics. Shortbread crust with unsweetened coconut, Lily’s SF chocolate and butterscotch chips with homemade caramel. If anyone is interested I can type up the recipe. View attachment 464828View attachment 464829
Been a diabetic for 6 months now. A1C has gone from 14 which is as high as it can go, down to 7.4. Doc was very happy. I would love your recipe

How many %sugars
Recipe and my changes linked above. It doesn’t list specific sugars but if you do a single batch and cut it into 12 servings it’s 5 net carbs per bar. There is very little actual sugar. Does that help? I am going to try to calculate the carbs and sugars myself at some point but based on ingredients should not impact blood sugar much at all. Man 14!! Very glad you caught it.

My wife made these for me last night, using the "original" recipe just to see how it worked out. The bars were very tasty but were very gooey. I was looking forward to eating a bar like a candy bar, but I couldn't so we put the skillet in the refrigerator. That firmed it up but it ended up breaking up into pieces when I tried to get a piece off.

Very tasty but a bit harder to eat that I anticipated. Maybe next time, we'll try jcam's modifications.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky