Keto Cannoli Crepes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Dessert is something I usually keep it simple with as it is a bit outside my wheelhouse. I have been noodling making these for awhile now and after seeing some cannoli the other day had to do it. I did not capture a lot of step by step but can share a few pics on the way to plated along with the recipe.

First up I made the filling.
  • 6 oz. mascarpone cheese softened
  • 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp unsweetened vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup powdered erythritol ( I use Swerve brand confectionar's)
  • Optional - Big handful of sugar free chocolate chips - I used Bake Believe SF semi sweets that I got at Walmart

Fold it all together until you get a nice smooth mix.
filling.jpg

Next up is the crepe batter.
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp granulated erythritol ( can use any keto sweetener or if not keto sugar)
  • Butter for the frying pan as needed
Blend all of the ingredients except for butter in a blender or use an immersion blender which is what I did. Let it settle for 5 to 10 minutes and stir a little to minimize bubbles.
crepe batter.jpg

Ok so this is the first time I have ever tried to make crepes. What I learned pretty quickly is that I sucked at it lol. I threw away as many as I kept. At the end of the exercise I had enough to use. They aren't perfect or pretty but they will work just fine for this dessert. Overall I yielded about 7 I could use.
crepes finished.jpg

While I finished letting the crepes cool I made some homemade sugar free chocolate syrup. Didn't remember to snap a pic but the recipes follows:

• 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used unsweetened dark cocoa powder)
  • 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • 3/4 cup erythritol or other keto sweetener (I used Granular Swerve)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla

Bring to a boil for 3 minutes and the let cool until you can pour it in a plastic squirt bottle.

Next it was time to fill the crepes and roll them. Pretty easy task once the crepes cooled. You can pipe these in or use a plastic bag with the corner cut if you want. I just went simple and spooned the mixture in and carefully spread it. Folded carefully after. Here are 4 of them. Yielded 7 overall.

crepes filled.jpg

Time to plate them and make them look good. Here are a couple dusted with Swerve confectioner's sugar and trimmed up with chocolate syrup.
plated 2.jpg

Well that's it, thanks for looking. If you are into keto food or sugar free for diabetes these are really tasty. If you don't need to restrict sugar or carbs you can easily modify this recipe for use too.

They look great! But Bro, no need to Toss the FUBAR Crepes. Chop the funky crepes and layer them with the cheese filling. CANNOLI PARFAIT!!!!...JJ

Jeff...those look simply delicious!! I've said it before and I'll say it again: you ought to think about writing a Keto cookbook. Seriously, most of the stuff you turn out looks better than a non-Keto meal from a top shelf restaurant. It just blows me away to see the stuff you're coming up with. Great looking dessert and a big LIKE!!

I'd sure as heck eat them!1
Robert

Reactions: jcam222
They look great! But Bro, no need to Toss the FUBAR Crepes. Chop the funky crepes and layer them with the cheese filling. CANNOLI PARFAIT!!!!...JJ
Lol I have to admit I didn’t throw them all away, maybe half but some I used to dip in the filling and eat as I kept working at them.

Wow jeff those look awesome!
Holy Cannoli!
Those look great.
Thanks for the recipe as it's going into the dessert rotation for sure.
Looks great Jeff!
Killed it again Jeff those look amazing. Nice job man. Bet the wife was happy!
Nice job there Keto Jeff!

Looks really good and pretty simple.

LIKE!

John
Jeff...those look simply delicious!! I've said it before and I'll say it again: you ought to think about writing a Keto cookbook. Seriously, most of the stuff you turn out looks better than a non-Keto meal from a top shelf restaurant. It just blows me away to see the stuff you're coming up with. Great looking dessert and a big LIKE!!

I'd sure as heck eat them!1
Robert
Fantastic!
I’d eat the heck out of those
Al
Thanks for the kind words guys!! These are definitely a keeper we will make again. My wife wants me to do them next time without the chocolate chips. I also have big plans for another version of canolli soon.

I'm speechless! These pancakes look really good. You're awesome, man. I bet your wife would love this dessert. I thought men didn't like messing around in the kitchen, but you proved otherwise. Although I know the recipe isn't complicated, still, that's commendable, Jeff. I make pancakes too, but with different recipe. You can check out this recipe here https://palacinky.org. My husband really loves these pancakes. We try to make these more often as they are one of our favorite treats. Especially if you sprinkle the pancakes with condensed milk. I love it!

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky