KCBS / Ace hardware BBQ fest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokinribsbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 15, 2019
Charleston, IL
To make a long story short, my team and I are cooking for our local ace hardware store, and I was told to make small portion finger foods. We'll be cooking on their equipment(not to happy about that but it is what it is). Was told we would be cooking for about 100 people throughout the day. Here's my problem. I'm not a finger food/small portion guy. Plus, time is limited. Would anyone care to through me some menu ideas. I came up with various types of kabob's. Maybe some steak sliders. But that's about all I have in mind at the moment.

Dino eggs, moink balls, ABTs are all easy finger foods that you can prep ahead of time easily.

Reactions: JC in GB
I would also suggest boneless country style ribs. Ready to be eaten (palatably, if not optimally) in a couple of hours at 250, but able to be fooled around with for five or six more with excellent results at the same temp with a little spritzing.

After the initial call, I was curious to see just how long "all day" was. Come to find out though, it's only from 10-2. Some smoking anything for a length of time, is obviously out of the question.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky