Just trying to smoke with the best of em

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kodygolden

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
My name is Kody, Im originally from Houston, Texas and thats probably where my love for bbq came from. Anyhow I'm looking forward to learning lots of new techniques from this site, I've been using a weber smokey mountain for a while and just recently picked up a smokey hollow gas smoker which seems to work purty good so far. Looking forward to new things from you guys on here, and thanks for having me

Thanks again,

Kody

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Thanks Danny, I usually spark the grill up atleast once a week so this should be fun picking up some new tips. By the way I now live in virginia to, forgot to mention that earlier, lol 

Howdee Howdee Kody, I lived on lake Conroe for a bit and there is some might fine BBQ joints in that Houston area! There is a custom butcher up in Conroe that did most excellent work.

Anyway, listen when ya get a chance, if ya would, on the toolbar above click the "My Prolife" icon and tell us a little bit or a lot about yourself. But mostly make sure and include where ya hang your hat at night. I know you said Houston, but the next time I see a post of your..... well my memory just ain't what it used to be. It helps when in a discussion to know what part of the world you are referencing. Course Houston you'd know how good a nice crawfish sauce would be on a steak, but someone from Minnesota might wonder why anyone would go to that much trouble.

I know Texas is known for brisket, but chicken is so cheap, so fast, so obtainable, you love smoking it also! I am a chicken fanatic so I was required to throw that in. As you grow you may decide there is lots of things here to try from making smoked strawberries to your own Italian sausage. Its a fun place for as much or a s little as you'll enjoy.

Its a pleasure to meet you and look forward to watching your achievements!

Grab a drink, pull up a chair, put your feet up, and enjoy the smoke.   

Good o'l conroe, that's where my grandpa lived before he passed last year, just north of houston very beautiful area. And yes brisket is what I've been striving to master,lol love me some brisket thats for sure, but chicken is always a plus to. And here's a little extra info, I'm living in a little town named roanoke, Va i'm 33, I picked up bbq from my pops and my uncle tiny (R.I.P.) he had his own sauce that was out of this world, man i wish i had that recipe, my mom says she knows it but thinks there is one main ingredient missing that she cant remember lol. This seems to be like its gonna be fun and I cant wait to get into this a little more, and if there is anything else you'd like to know just ask  

This is the new smoker I got about a week and a half ago, any info it would be much lay appretiated, are they good or does anyone else use the same one? Like to get a little feedback on it, thanks

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky