Just realized that a humidity sensor was giving incorrect values for 12-24h. How bad that can be?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andrew_psch

Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
I started a drying cycle for fuet sausages and just right now (~40h from start) realized that for the last 12-24h humidity was very low due to a bad placement of the sensor and appeared icing around it.

I fixed everything, getting correct values right now + added additional sensor just to double check.

How bad that short-term drop in humidity can be at the very early stage of a drying cycle?

Are you just "drying" meat or are you fermenting sausage....
I did fermentation for 48h (not much of use for humidifier), and then started drying cycle.. and after 12-24 hours in a drying cycle found an issue with a humidifier sensor. I think it should be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky