just ordered a Yoder YS 640S, it's my second yoder 640

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pwillie

Smoke Blower
Original poster
I bought a Yoder YS 640 several years ago and loved it. I sold it and just ordered the new YS 640S. With the new improvements, I am expecting it to be a dream. I live in south Mississippi and was wondering if there are any happy pellet smokers near me. I have some BBQ Delight pellets that I might be willing to share at a great price if anyone is close to Hattiesburg.

Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to seeing/hearing how it works. At some point I may upgrade to the new controller but the cost is hard to justify when it works great the way it is.

Ofelles..........I agree with you. I was happy with my first one. I had a Lang 48 but I just couldn't bring myself to sit there for a 10 hour smoke when I could use the Yoder 640. I could smoke more on the Lang but rarely did I need all of that extra space. I am looking forward to another Yoder with the new mods.

Reactions: ofelles
That's funny I am trying to resist getting a stick burner. I enjoy sitting near the cooker smelling the smoke. And I think it would be a nice option for when I have the time. Thinking Lang or Lonestar Grillz.

Man that's what us Yoder owners like to see. A Yoder owner buying another Yoder. Let us know what you think about the new 640s? I'm not planning to upgrade since my 640 is doing great but curious to hear your thoughts after you get acquainted to your new model. Congrats

Pics or it never happened!

Reactions: Little-m
That's funny I am trying to resist getting a stick burner. I enjoy sitting near the cooker smelling the smoke. And I think it would be a nice option for when I have the time. Thinking Lang or Lonestar Grillz.

I get this. I think stick burners are the golden standard for flavor, color, ect..... It's just so much easier on a day to day basis to us the 640. For now, I alternate with the WSM 22 but I would absolutely like to ADD a stick burner to my arsenal at some point. Those Langs look like great cookers.

Reactions: ofelles
I have been looking at a Yoder. Please share your thoughts when you get acquainted with it
It is way ahead of the old 640. The new ys640 s model is the way to go. I had a Lang which was great if you don't mind sitting and tending it for hours and hours. I just enjoy the freedom that the Yoder pellet smoker gives me. I have also found that if I want to cold smoke something that I can fill an amazing tube with pellets, and use top shelf of the 640 or I can turn the fan on and get thinner blue smoke if I wish. It does it all for me and I couldn't be happier with it.

It is way ahead of the old 640. The new ys640 s model is the way to go. I had a Lang which was great if you don't mind sitting and tending it for hours and hours. I just enjoy the freedom that the Yoder pellet smoker gives me. I have also found that if I want to cold smoke something that I can fill an amazing tube with pellets, and use top shelf of the 640 or I can turn the fan on and get thinner blue smoke if I wish. It does it all for me and I couldn't be happier with it.

That’s awesome. I reached out to the closest Yoder rep to me (2 hours away) and he told me they can’t keep them in the store. I may be an owner of one this week!

That’s awesome. I reached out to the closest Yoder rep to me (2 hours away) and he told me they can’t keep them in the store. I may be an owner of one this week!
I bought mine from Yoder and didn't have to pay sales tax in my state. They can't do that in all states but you can check with them. All of the dealers tack on freight charges and sales tax. In my case it was about $150 savings. You might want to check that out.. They shipped mine in 2 days.

Reactions: woodz
How much did they charge for shipping?
My actual shipping cost was a little different because I added 560 pounds of pellets. I can tell you this....I checked with a source who had them in stock. I got a price from him and it was exactly the same as Yoders price without the pellets, plus tax. yoder is charging any source freight charges and that source is passing that cost on to you the buyer. Call Yoder and get a price and compare. Ask if they have to charge you sales tax. Sometimes it is yes and sometimes NO. In my case it was no.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky