Just Cause Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Well it’s been snowing for 3 days now so had to do pork baby backs just cause we ate all the beef ribs….. again was racing to get these in the RT so no prep pics….

These where the Costco pack….the price is back down to 3.29/lb. I’m not a fan of the thick loin meat on the BBs these days so that got trimmed off so the racks were all uniform…. Then I cut them in 4-bone sections and dressed them with my Asian rub.

Next they went in the RT1250 @235 my go to for BB’s. They went on @2pm and ran till 5 (INT was @ 196 ish).

I then glazed them with my rub mop/glaze 1c chicken stock, 2 Tbsp rub, 3 Tbsp raw sugar, 1 Tbsp butter, pinch of salt and about a Tbsp starch slurry. Glazed both sides @ 5 and pulled at 5:30…
4D7B5BAF-734F-472C-BBB6-36DA168485B0.jpeg

….. oh yea!
8CDEA7B1-9024-4632-AC0B-65177701FB89.jpeg

Then did a second glaze on top and covered in foil and in the house oven @ 170 till 6:10 when the mac was done……
A1CCBB3C-872E-462B-9E07-96DBB20FF4D8.jpeg

The boys portion ….. the 4 bone rack!
763CEB8D-27A3-499A-B44E-E9CCACB51E0C.jpeg

My 4 bone rack slice…..
C5BE982B-1B0A-4582-86EA-B35A62CBE317.jpeg

The wife made up some heavy cream dressed up box Mac……again just cause!
F7C309C6-49AD-4F26-8A45-5D4DB32381F8.jpeg

This is called mid-week BB money!!!
F42E28C8-CE9D-494D-80FC-B6FE361332AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome looking ribs, great color!! Plate looks delicious with the mac and cheese too! Snowing for 3 days, how much are you getting??

Awesome job on those ribs!
The color is amazing!
Can’t beat that combo of ribs & Mac & cheese!
Al

Looks good Civil, Lower 60s here today. I'm expecting that to change shortly.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good. Makes me want to do some this weekend. Snow already huh? None yet here in the UP. Not looking forward to it either though

We'd shut down if it snowed that long. We practically do when we get an inch or so.
Awesome lookin ribs and doctored mac.

I'd stand in line for a plate of that! Nice looking plates Civil. As for the snow, November in Idaho, kinda figures. Hope it doesn't add up too fast.

Those ribs look great! Mac and Cheese is my favorite side with BB's.

Cold front with rain arriving at noon today.

Awesome looking ribs, great color!! Plate looks delicious with the mac and cheese too! Snowing for 3 days, how much are you getting??
Thanks tberm! The color really pops with my new rub, which I am really liking it.

Oh we got 4 inches the first day, then it warmed up rained and melted most then we got 2 inches each day after that, then rain.... this am it's all 2 inches of ice now......
Awesome job on those ribs!
The color is amazing!
Can’t beat that combo of ribs & Mac & cheese!
Al
Much appreciation Al! Yea I really wasn't planning on making a post but when I brought them in the house it was like "ok, I'm happy". Then I sliced into them and just smoke pink almost all the way through!! PS, I smoked these on the top shelf and slid them back about 2 inches farther than the door opening, they got are very nice smoke profile back there!
Looks good Civil, Lower 60s here today. I'm expecting that to change shortly.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, yea winter is coming for sure! Enjoy the balmy weather while you can!!
Looks good. Makes me want to do some this weekend. Snow already huh? None yet here in the UP. Not looking forward to it either though
Many thanks SUP! I don't mine the snow but the single digits I'm not looking forward to....we have a full week forecast next week with the highs in the mid 20s.....
We'd shut down if it snowed that long. We practically do when we get an inch or so.
Awesome lookin ribs and doctored mac.
Thanks NG! We do get lots of snow but the first real dumps cause lots of "wake up calls"

I'd stand in line for a plate of that! Nice looking plates Civil. As for the snow, November in Idaho, kinda figures. Hope it doesn't add up too fast.
Much appreciation schlotz! I did go back in line for a couple extra....just couldn't resist.... I even caught my wife stealing an end cut (usually not her thing)

I know its snow time...... Just gives me a reason to smoke more meat!
Wow, beautiful ribs! Great job on those bad boys!
View attachment 648229
Thanks Jed! This set of ribs reminded me of why I LOVE BB's, the trim to uniform/loin meat removal (a must for BB's IMO) and I'm really liking the 4-rib set cut. The portion is a nice balance of bark and non-bark pieces!
Gorgeous!
Jim
Thanks Jim! I wasn't expecting to even take pic but they wouldn't allow that....LOL
Looks great !
Thanks chop! I was thinking about you and what you would do with the trimmings, if you live by you would have a pretty good supply of sausage parts!
Those ribs look great! Mac and Cheese is my favorite side with BB's.

Cold front with rain arriving at noon today.
Thanks Colin! Yea it was funny, as my wife was taste testing the doctored-up mac, she looks at me and says, "man sometimes the box stuff is just perfect!"

PS stay safe in the cold!

rain is good, snow is ok, but when it turns to ice that is the worst. hopefully your area is due for a break now and will get some decent weather!

Well it’s been snowing for 3 days now so had to do pork baby backs just cause we ate all the beef ribs….. again was racing to get these in the RT so no prep pics….

These where the Costco pack….the price is back down to 3.29/lb. I’m not a fan of the thick loin meat on the BBs these days so that got trimmed off so the racks were all uniform…. Then I cut them in 4-bone sections and dressed them with my Asian rub.

Next they went in the RT1250 @235 my go to for BB’s. They went on @2pm and ran till 5 (INT was @ 196 ish).

I then glazed them with my rub mop/glaze 1c chicken stock, 2 Tbsp rub, 3 Tbsp raw sugar, 1 Tbsp butter, pinch of salt and about a Tbsp starch slurry. Glazed both sides @ 5 and pulled at 5:30…
View attachment 648199
….. oh yea!
View attachment 648200
Then did a second glaze on top and covered in foil and in the house oven @ 170 till 6:10 when the mac was done……
View attachment 648201
The boys portion ….. the 4 bone rack!
View attachment 648202
My 4 bone rack slice…..
View attachment 648203
The wife made up some heavy cream dressed up box Mac……again just cause!
View attachment 648204
This is called mid-week BB money!!!View attachment 648205
Hell yeah

well done.jpg

rain is good, snow is ok, but when it turns to ice that is the worst. hopefully your area is due for a break now and will get some decent weather!
Yea it makes one feel good about having studs on all 4s for sure!
I love Asian ribs and yours look delicious.
You tryin' to monopolize the Carousel or what.....:emoji_muscle: HAH!
Many thanks moto! I'm looking forward to leftover for sure.....

Oh and no not tryin..... just liven the dream for sure "cause its smoken time!"
Just cause ribs are the best ribs !!
Thanks jax! I was like crap I have 10 mins to get ribs on or else I'm eating McyD's. I even forgot to add mustard as a binder but that was ok cause I think they were better without!
Thanks negolien!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Nice work. You mentioned not liking the loin meat on the BBs. Did you trim that off or did you mean you bought ribs that didn't have the loin meat?

They look fantastic! Great idea trimming off some of the loin meat, they leave way to much and it dries out so bad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky