Just bought a wsm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bomberchamp

Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
I went to an employee sale at work tonight and bought a 18 1/2 inch wsm. They were selling the floor models to employees at a discount. I was in there earlier and saw the smoker and there was only one to be had. I got there about 15 minutes before the event opened up and when they let us in I bee lined it straight to the back and grabbed the card for it locking it up as mine.

I was able to buy it already assembled for 175.00. :yahoo:

I also picked up a set of golf clubs, a BBQ utensil set, a safe, and a hamburger press while I was there.

Total out the door with tax was 552.00 with an estimated retail of over 850.00 for everything.

Happy birthday to me. The only downer is I have to wait until they are done using the demo floor models to pick them up which will be on dec 9th.

Oh well I guess the bird this year gets done in the old master forge one more time. :grilling_smilie:

Sweet deal! I found mine on craigslist. The previous owner bought it to make jerky and had a hard time maintaining the proper temp. He said he was open to trades for hunting or fishing equipment. I got in touch with him and ended up trading a 10' St.Croix surf casting rod for it. I couldn't be happier. You are going to love that smoker.

One more thing. If you haven't already read it get Gary Wiviotts book Low & Slow, Master The Art Of Barbecue In 5 Easy Lessons. It will show you how to familiarise yourself with your wsm

Grats! That's a nice score, the WSM is a great smoker  - I have had mine for 4 or so years now and still love it!

I went to an employee sale at work tonight and bought a 18 1/2 inch wsm. They were selling the floor models to employees at a discount. I was in there earlier and saw the smoker and there was only one to be had. I got there about 15 minutes before the event opened up and when they let us in I bee lined it straight to the back and grabbed the card for it locking it up as mine.

I was able to buy it already assembled for 175.00.
yahoo.gif

I also picked up a set of golf clubs, a BBQ utensil set, a safe, and a hamburger press while I was there.

Total out the door with tax was 552.00 with an estimated retail of over 850.00 for everything.

Happy birthday to me. The only downer is I have to wait until they are done using the demo floor models to pick them up which will be on dec 9th.

Oh well I guess the bird this year gets done in the old master forge one more time.
grilling_smilie.gif
Congrats. Your smoking future looks brilliant!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky