• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Just bought a wsm

bomberchamp

Joined Nov 11, 2012
I went to an employee sale at work tonight and bought a 18 1/2 inch wsm. They were selling the floor models to employees at a discount. I was in there earlier and saw the smoker and there was only one to be had. I got there about 15 minutes before the event opened up and when they let us in I bee lined it straight to the back and grabbed the card for it locking it up as mine.

I was able to buy it already assembled for 175.00. :yahoo:

I also picked up a set of golf clubs, a BBQ utensil set, a safe, and a hamburger press while I was there.

Total out the door with tax was 552.00 with an estimated retail of over 850.00 for everything.

Happy birthday to me. The only downer is I have to wait until they are done using the demo floor models to pick them up which will be on dec 9th.

Oh well I guess the bird this year gets done in the old master forge one more time. :grilling_smilie:

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 24, 2011
Congrats! You're gonna love it. There's a huge -- almost cult-like -- following on the 'net for the bullet. Look forward to your cooks on it!

Last edited:

hambone1950

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Great deal on a real good smoker. Look forward to seeing some good BBQ comin off it soon.

hagisan

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 5, 2011
Nice score on the smoker.  You won't be disappointed.  Don't forget the Q-View!

big biscuit

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 2, 2013
Sweet deal! I found mine on craigslist. The previous owner bought it to make jerky and had a hard time maintaining the proper temp. He said he was open to trades for hunting or fishing equipment. I got in touch with him and ended up trading a 10' St.Croix surf casting rod for it. I couldn't be happier. You are going to love that smoker.

One more thing. If you haven't already read it get Gary Wiviotts book Low & Slow, Master The Art Of Barbecue In 5 Easy Lessons. It will show you how to familiarise yourself with your wsm

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Grats! That's a nice score, the WSM is a great smoker  - I have had mine for 4 or so years now and still love it!

magslam

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 10, 2012
I went to an employee sale at work tonight and bought a 18 1/2 inch wsm. They were selling the floor models to employees at a discount. I was in there earlier and saw the smoker and there was only one to be had. I got there about 15 minutes before the event opened up and when they let us in I bee lined it straight to the back and grabbed the card for it locking it up as mine.

I was able to buy it already assembled for 175.00.

I also picked up a set of golf clubs, a BBQ utensil set, a safe, and a hamburger press while I was there.

Total out the door with tax was 552.00 with an estimated retail of over 850.00 for everything.

Happy birthday to me. The only downer is I have to wait until they are done using the demo floor models to pick them up which will be on dec 9th.

Oh well I guess the bird this year gets done in the old master forge one more time.
Congrats. Your smoking future looks brilliant!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.