Just Another Bacon Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice work there.
Its a delicious sausage, cheese goes with everything. Although the cheese flavor is not what you would expect, the flavor is a bit cheesy but it’s more earthy or umami. I think you will enjoy it. It pairs well with almost any side or condiments.

Nice work there.
Its a delicious sausage, cheese goes with everything. Although the cheese flavor is not what you would expect, the flavor is a bit cheesy but it’s more earthy or umami. I think you will enjoy it. It pairs well with almost any side or condiments.

Thank you.

Well crap, I'm down to one pack of bacon in the freezer, so I thawed a Costco belly and here we go. See ya in a few weeks.
Started a 4# belly Tuesday going on the smoker Wednesday or Thursday depending on my test fry. I keep it small being its just the wife and I now. Sure beats the crap out of paying 9$ a pound for store bought. I pay 4$ for my belly.

Reactions: mr_whipple
Looks great, love the bacon and the sausage. You have been producing some great eats lately.

Always good to stock up.

Hope you did enough on Saturday to allow you some peaceful fishing on Sunday. :emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:Today.

David

Looks great, love the bacon and the sausage. You have been producing some great eats lately.

Always good to stock up.

Hope you did enough on Saturday to allow you some peaceful fishing on Sunday. :emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:Today.

David
Thanks, David. I overachieved so fishing it is. Nice and cool spring day here so should be a good time.

Chris

Finished up the slicing and sealing yesterday. Figured I'd share a few pics.

Enjoy!

20240513_181231.jpg
20240513_173058.jpg
20240513_172554.jpg

That is beautiful bacon! I think I hear a choir in the background.

I now have a case of slicer envy. I see that is a LEM. Which one is it? I think it may be time to retire my 50ish year old slicer.

- Sue

That is beautiful bacon! I think I hear a choir in the background.

I now have a case of slicer envy. I see that is a LEM. Which one is it? I think it may be time to retire my 50ish year old slicer.

- Sue
Thanks for the kind words.

Don't envy that slicer.. yes it's an LEM and I use it alot but it is a $99 cheapy they sell at Dicks Sporting goods when I would still shop there. It's the 7 1/2" model. Its kinda noisy and small so I have to trim down belly pieces to slice bacon. I use the trim pieces in other dishes.

Reactions: SixShooter
Done! Let them ride at 160 to the finish. I may or may not have sliced off a few pieces hot of the smoker.... Gonna let them rest in the oven for a while then into the fridge til Monday for slicing and bagging!

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

View attachment 696621View attachment 696622
my favorite thing about slicing, is squaring thee ends and making pork belly taco.

Reactions: mr_whipple
I have the big 10” LEM slicer but it still only has about a 7” long carriage, but I want my slices around 10 1/2” long because that fits nicely in an 11” vacuum bag. So I trim my slabs to 10- 10 1/2” long and just fold them over in a “C” shape which cuts the length roughly in half, then run through the slicer produces my 10-ish inch slices. It work great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky