Just an Old Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txcotton

Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Recently retired (August 2017) worked in the Plants & Refineries as an Inspector
Lives in Southeast Texas (Northeast of Houston).
Been smokin' meats for about 30 years.
Loves playing with my smokers & trying new methods/recipes.
I did the Cook off Competition thing for too long (burnt myself out). But now, finally, enjoying cooking again (for fun). My wife says I'm still to picky ...
I currently have 4 different types of smokers, a 30"x60" wood offset, 40" propane upright, 20" dia. pellet grill/smoker, and a Char-broil "Big Easy". All have their own qualities.
Really happy to have found your site. Good to swap stories, ideas, and improve my BBQ!

Welcome to the site, and we welcome your insight and experience. Congratulation of retirement.

Chris

Good to have you - cotton! I think SMF is great place for all you mentioned. Don't forget to check out the newsletter its a once a week recipe from the site owner. They just email it to you on Thursday gives you something to try for the weekend if you don't have any smoking plans.

Glad you're here,
phatbac (Aaron)

Btw: love the icon you use next to your name!

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky