Just about maxed out the 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SKade

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
West Virginia
So 35 lbs is probably close to the maximum of pork that can be fit on the Masterbuilt 560 the way I like to cook it. I think I could sneak in about 5 more pounds but I’m already not stoked about my airflow. This is the first time I’ve really pushed what I can fit on. I got the three butts fired at 9:15 and the pork loin on two hours later. Going to be a late night.
DF6BD959-B24D-4C4A-A09D-236EC0E3776F.jpeg
063FDC07-88E0-4C98-ACC9-4CB7ABE220B8.jpeg
8328806B-7C55-4ED4-8CB0-E2E2AABF076D.jpeg

sandyut sandyut Hey! Notice what the labeling on the package says? If you need confirmation in a photo, here ya go!

SKade SKade Looks like you will be good to go! Heck, You could probably squeeze in one more! But I would probably try to get the loins directly out of the pan and on a rack above at lead for the first part of the smoke before the wrap.

Gunna be good!

Reactions: JLeonard
sandyut sandyut Hey! Notice what the labeling on the package says? If you need confirmation in a photo, here ya go!

SKade SKade Looks like you will be good to go! Heck, You could probably squeeze in one more! But I would probably try to get the loins directly out of the pan and on a rack above at lead for the first part of the smoke before the wrap.

Gunna be good!
Thanks. I don’t wrap my butts. I just let them go. I love the bark. I’ve had only done the loin pulled once before and I wrapped it. Where this is below and the other is dripping down on it I’m not sure what to do. It’s at the temp I would wrap it at but it’s not looking dry. Anyone have thoughts?
4A6F6C69-E438-4159-9863-2BAF7ECFC3A1.jpeg

Reactions: JLeonard
I personally don't do loins above 140. Not something I would want to pull or shred. Just way too lean.
Those are looking waaaaaay good though! I say let them drip on the loins on the bottom, but I would have probably already pulled them out to rest.

Reactions: SKade
I personally don't do loins above 140. Not something I would want to pull or shred. Just way too lean.
Those are looking waaaaaay good though! I say let them drip on the loins on the bottom, but I would have probably already pulled them out to rest.
I don’t normally do loins to pull. For me loins are to be made into 1 1/2 - 2” chops. The only time i pulled one was a friend who bought and requested it when I was running and had spare space on the smoker. It turned out pretty good. This time I figured I’d try to throw a little in. It fits where another butt wouldn’t and was half the price of the butts. I know. I know. Pork butts aren’t that expensive. I wanted to see how a little mixed in would come out. I like the more surface area for rub. I’ll have plenty of liquid gold to add. As long as I don’t dry it out too badly to begin with it should hopefully work out. You never know when you switch things up and experiment.

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Agreed! Plate me up too. What army you cooking for? Looks darn good.

Jim
David and Jim you can have a plate anytime. Cooking ahead for the wife’s family reunion. Should be about 35 there. I cooked for 40 just to be safe. There are worse things than leftover bbq. Butts are finishing up now. Rest then pull and mix it all in
7BD1FF61-369A-434E-9A15-45EB18A26CB4.jpeg

Cooking ahead for the wife’s family reunion. Should be about 35 there. I cooked for 40 just to be safe. There are worse things than leftover bbq. Butts are finishing up now. Rest then pull and mix it all in
Very nice. PP is so forgiving for reheating later. More people always show up than reply so extra meat is good.
There is so much extra fat and collagen from a shoulder that mixing in loins sounds a great idea.

I'm headed your way!! Only one question though....what are the rest of you going to eat?? :emoji_laughing: Seriously, that's a heap of good looking pork right there. Very nice job.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: SKade and JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky