Just a butt for the boys in the Maintenance Dept...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
We needed to work some serious OT this last week and I told the Maintenance guys I'd make some PP for them for lunch on Friday if they pulled off everything I needed done along with their other chores.  They not only got everything done, but performed a few other items that I had slated for next month!  

Since I try to be a man of my word, I took my seldom used MES over to a coworkers house by the plant to start the butt on Wednesday night.  Since this was an off site cook for me, I don't have a lot of pics, but we all know what raw pork looks like...

This critter took almost 22 hours at 225, but holy cow is it good!

This is Yesterday (Thursday) when we went to his place at lunch to check on it.  See the small pan underneath the butt pan?  That is chicken stock that my coworker's wife wanted to get a bit smoky.  He forgot to take it out and it evaporated, his wife wasn't pleased with him, and he blamed ME for not reminding him about it!  
laugh1.gif

Pulled from the pit at around 6:00 PM Thursday night and smelling great.  Almost fell apart getting it out of the pan.

The shredding process went like a dream.  

I took the panned up meat back to the boys this morning so they can have it for lunch, but I kept a wee bit back for QC purposes...  Nice mid morning snack!

Supposed to rain on me all weekend, so I'm glad I at least got this cook in. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Wish you were my boss they only gave me a hard time.

Richie

Points for taking care of the crew

That looks fantastic.

Can I apply for a job.???

PP looks great Cranky, Nice bark on it as well, That would have made some good sammies.... Point for the work for the boys...

I am going to bring a Pellet pooper to work with me next week, I got called in early so I plan on spoiling a few crews out there this summer, looks like i am gone for awhile.... 

Looks great and after that feed you actually wanted them to work or nap????  Glad to see how long that took I told a guy my last one took 20 hours and he thought I had lost it could not believe it took that long. But he didn't turn it down 
biggrin.gif

points1.png
thumb1%20copy.gif
for a all around great job taking care of the guys and a great looking cook.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky