July 4th Cookout! Brisket, Sides, and Pies! Pics Galore!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that is one AMAZING spread of food. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics along the way. The brisket slices look incredible. Is that a mail order beef company? The Alto Shaam is a new one time me. Off to google it!

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
I've heard of knocking it out of the park, but dang Zach...that ball landed on my yard here in iowa! Awesome job! The feast looks amazing, and I love those pies. A great post all the way around

Ryan

Man that is one AMAZING spread of food. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics along the way. The brisket slices look incredible. Is that a mail order beef company? The Alto Shaam is a new one time me. Off to google it!

Thanks! I definitely made a point to photo document a lot of this one... More than normal anyway haha.

Yeah, had to order it. Heard great things and been wanting to try one. Hard to tell from one cook kid it's worth it, but I'm leaning towards sticking with prime from Costco for my normal cooks.

The point slices on this one though... Next level.

The Alto shaam is just a super efficient warming/holding cabinet. Got lucky on an auction. Otherwise they are spendy!

That's impressive and it all looks top shelf. Nothin better than brisket.

Thank you! Was very pleased with all aspects. Just glad I didn't screw up the brisket :emoji_sweat_smile:

I've heard of knocking it out of the park, but dang Zach...that ball landed on my yard here in iowa! Awesome job! The feast looks amazing, and I love those pies. A great post all the way around

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! Glad I got some distance on it! :emoji_laughing:

As my non cooking/ don't know how to cook friends always say too me,
"Dude you're going to make somebody a great wife one of these days". Hahahaha, damn brother that all looks flatout AMAZING!!!

How this didn't make the whatever they call the pic's at the top of the home page is beyond me.....well deserving.
(unless I missed it)

Nice work.
Dan

Last edited:
Wow Zach, what can I say my friend? That is without doubt one amazing meal that is spectacularly presented and eloquently detailed. I'll say without hesitation I believe this to be the most amazing meal I've ever seen posted here. You're certainly not gonna get that at Franklin's!! Excellent job sir and a bunch of big LIKES!!

Robert

DUDE!!!!! All I can say is.....that is how it is done!

Thanks CS!

As my none cooking/ don't know how to cook friends always say too me,
"Dude you're going to make somebody a great wife one of these days". Hahahaha, damn brother that all looks flatout AMAZING!!!

How this didn't make the whatever they call the pic's at the top of the home page is beyond me.....well deserving.
(unless I missed it)

Nice work.
Dan

Thanks Dan! Appreciate it. Not sure how/when they update the Carousel on the home page, but it's all good. It was a lot of fun cooking it and I really had the end picture in my mind from the beginning and worked towards that. I'm pretty happy with how it went.

Wow Zach, what can I say my friend? That is without doubt one amazing meal that is spectacularly presented and eloquently detailed. I'll say without hesitation I believe this to be the most amazing meal I've ever seen posted here. You're certainly not gonna get that at Franklin's!! Excellent job sir and a bunch of big LIKES!!

Robert

Thanks Robert! I'm still looking for photo limits here haha. Well, I've found the limits for one post, so I had to move on to multiple posts :emoji_sweat_smile:

Thanks for the high praise! There are a ton of amazing posts here that always inspire me to keep pushing myself. And along the way it's leading to a lot of learning, fun, and pretty darn good food.

Now I gotta go back to the drawing board and start plotting the next meal... Which will probably be a cheeseburger haha.

Thanks again for the kind words.

View attachment 453151

One of the many great moments of that movie :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Thanks John. It all tasted pretty good! To be honest... the peach pie was the biggest hit. And I'm OK with that haha.

IncredibleFamousBassethound-max-1mb.gif

"What is that...velvet?"

That peach pie is off the charts!

These sides have become a go to in our house:

Dutch’s Wicked Beans, Bacon Mac & Cheese, Queso to snack on

The Queso:

4 oz each Velveeta, Cream Cheese, Smoked Gouda

1 pound Beef with half a pack of El Paso Taco Seasoning

1 Can Fire Roasted Rotel

1 can Hatch Green Chilies

Half Can Cream of Chicken

Heat to combine and enjoy!

View attachment 453102

View attachment 453103

Dutch’s Wicked Beans:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/dutchs-wicked-baked-beans.50945/

Bacon!

View attachment 453105

Sautéing the Peppers and onions in the bacon with some reserved grease. Just a few mins, not fully softened.

View attachment 453104

Fresh off the smoker. Smoked for a couple hours and stirred occasionally.

View attachment 453106

Into the Shamm to join the Brisket

View attachment 453109

Bacon Mac and Cheese

View attachment 453107

Topped with toasted Panko and more bacon

View attachment 453108

Covered and into the Shamm to join the rest of the food

View attachment 453110

The beans… Always a success. Thanks again Dutch Dutch for the amazing recipe! The Mac and cheese we have tweaked over a few attempts to where it is now. And the Queso goes down fast every time.

Onto the pies!
Dang it MN, I haven't had breakfast yet and you're teasing me with BBQ. Glad the beans are a hit!

This is the first time this ever happened to me:
I could only open about the first Third of this Thread.
It must be as Huge is it is Awesome.
My Computer is going in the shop tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get it back to normal, and I can view the rest of this Outstanding Thread.
Like.----I can't wait to see the rest.

Bear

This is the first time this ever happened to me:
I could only open about the first Third of this Thread.
It must be as Huge is it is Awesome.
My Computer is going in the shop tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get it back to normal, and I can view the rest of this Outstanding Thread.
Like.----I can't wait to see the rest.

Bear

Thanks bear!

I should've included a warning in the title :emoji_sweat_smile:

Hopefully it'll load up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky