Joining the First Fatties club

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scts

Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Richmond, VA
After reading through too many of the Fatties posts on here, I gave a couple a try over the weekend.  Stuck to the classics, a breakfast (egg & cheese w/ sage sausage) and a pizza (pep., cheese, sauce w/ regular JD sausage). 

Threw the breakfast one on with the Boston Butt early in the morning, it came off in time for a Saturday Brunch (the girls all slept in, so timing was great).  It was such a hit that when I pulled the pizza fatty off around dinner time we had kids from 2 of the neighbor hanging around waiting for it (apparently my girls were raving about it on the neighborhood bike ride).

Sorry the pics are inverted, I've rotated them here but they still upload flipped.  Didn't even think about grabbing the camera first thing the morning, so no before pics (was all I could do to get out of bed, start the smoker, and grab a beer).

Last pic is loading up the smoker around 11A when I was a little more awake, pizza fatty is in the back right corner.

Butt turned out great, one of the best yet according to the family. Used a homemade rub and foiled with apple juice from about 175 to 205.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky