1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jerky three ways - Picture heavy.

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by 90beater, Mar 24, 2019.

1. 90beater

90beater Fire Starter

I'm breaking in my new pellet smoker and guys at work are begging me to bring in some of my red wine and worshy jerky since it's been a while. I started out with three chunks of Eye of Round as suggested on this site in a thread here.

[​IMG]

I put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm them enough to run them through the slicer easier. I made one batch 1/8" and then 1/4" for the other two.

Way 1 - 2 parts Stella Rosa red wine, 1 part Worhsy sauce. 1 red onion, 4-6 cloves of garlic.

[​IMG]

Thin sliced 1/8" then marinated in a bag.

[​IMG]

Way 2 - Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Chipotle powder.

[​IMG]

Way 3 - Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Chipotle garlic seasoning.

[​IMG]

Bagged and left in the fridge to marinate over night.

[​IMG]

Walchit likes this.
  2. 90beater

90beater Fire Starter

Use a couple of large spice containers to hold up the rack makes it easier to place the jerky.

[​IMG]

Just starting.

[​IMG]

5 hours in.

[​IMG]

It took 7 hours at 150* for the 1/8" and 30 minutes more for the 1/4".

It all came out great. I let it sit out for about an hour to dry out a bit and cool down.

[​IMG]

Then I keep it in an air tight container until it's eaten in 48 hour or less.

[​IMG]

3. one eyed jack

one eyed jack Master of the Pit

Great looking jerky Beater.

LIKE!

4. Nole4L

Nole4L Smoke Blower

Looks great. I haven't made jerky in a couple years but your pics have me thinking.....hmmm.....

Up early this morning to get a pork shoulder going for Sunday dinner.

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That is some might fine looking jerky!!
    Nicely done!
    Al