Jerky Heading To Calif

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My g-kids are here in S,FL visiting, been here for 3 weeks. Heading back to Calif on Tuesday.
Got 2.5 lbs sliced defatted top round for jerky in the marinade (cure added) to take to their dad.

trjerk.jpg

Doing some tonight. Well, starting the process.
5 lbs kinda like what your doing.
Smoker holds 7 laid out on racks but I think it's better to allow more space and circulation so I cut it back a couple lbs.
Good luck!

Yeah it will make it to their dad....OR ELSE...HA

Jerky in the dehydrator. Going with an outside dehydrate as the 150-160 temps will make the 5th wheel to warm inside.

cajerk.jpg

Let the jerky rest some then brown bag it in the fridge for an over night then vac seal it.

cajerk1.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
Vac sealed and ready for Tuesday's plane trip to Wackyfornia.

cajerk8.jpg

Rick,

Which hickory smoke powder are you using? I bought some at Savory Spice when I went in to re-up on the paprika and I've been very much under-welmed by the results. Good thing I only bought a small test quantity and it was an impulse buy when I saw it on the shelf. Just curious.

(Their Paprika, on the other hand, is super fresh and awesome IMO)

Rick,

Which hickory smoke powder are you using? I bought some at Savory Spice when I went in to re-up on the paprika and I've been very much under-welmed by the results. Good thing I only bought a small test quantity and it was an impulse buy when I saw it on the shelf. Just curious.

(Their Paprika, on the other hand, is super fresh and awesome IMO)
I got from Hoosier Hill Farm on Amazon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky