Jerk Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I tried some new jerk. I normally use Walkerswood marinade version. Usually with Walkerswood I don't go over about 6 hours marinade or it gets pretty spicy. I liked the flavor of this but think it needed to go overnight.

20210525_171124.jpg 20210525_172012.jpg 20210525_173755.jpg

Last edited:
I like Walker Wood or Graces, I have tried that one, wasnt my fave. Good looking pork you cooked up

Great looking meal.
Did you slice the pork before a ride in the marinade?
The flavor is really tough to balance.
Walkerswood has great onion (scallion) and overwhelming scotch bonnet flavors, but really lacks in allspice, ginger, clove and cinnamon undertones.
Use chef jimmyj chef jimmyj recipe he posted or give my experiment a try from this thread https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/another-jerk-fail.307625/

Tried the Walkerswood marinade for chicken with a 4 hour soak , flavor was ok but pretty bland , I have a dry rub by Badia that gave a little more flavor with less time prepping, notice don't eat hot stuff on a work night unless your off the next day just stating lol

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Great looking meal.
Did you slice the pork before a ride in the marinade?
The flavor is really tough to balance.
Walkerswood has great onion (scallion) and overwhelming scotch bonnet flavors, but really lacks in allspice, ginger, clove and cinnamon undertones.
Use chef jimmyj chef jimmyj recipe he posted or give my experiment a try from this thread https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/another-jerk-fail.307625/
Sliced before marinade. Try to separate by thickness. I might try mixing these with my Walkerswood.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky