Jeff's Stuffed Meatballs - Venison

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenharley

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Lancaster Co., PA
These are directly from Jeff's Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Meatballs recipe. The only change I made was to use venison instead of beef. For the sausage, I used Jimmy Dean's hot sausage. The meatballs are slightly larger than Jeff's simply because I find them easier to stuff. Apple was my wood of choice. I have used other woods in the past and I found I like apple for these the best.

On the racks and ready for the smoker.
IMG_2701.JPG

In the smoker. 200 degrees for about 2 hours. I do recommend a water pan. I have done these with and without a water pan. They are definitely better with the pan.

IMG_2703.JPG

Done and ready to eat. They are really good with sour cream and sometimes we use a sweet and sour dipping sauce. I tried them with a sweet jalapeno sauce that I make and that worked well too.

IMG_2705.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky