Jeffs News Letter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin monkey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sutton In Ashfield, UK
Just received Jeffs News Letter, with Pork Country Style Rib Burnt Ends.

Now this may be a stupid question, so forgive me! he says buy Country Ribs from the Pork Butt, the cut into squares. Now is it the meat from between the Ribs, as I can not see the ribs being cut into squares, or is it a cut from the USA that we do not get in the UK.

Country style ribs are not the actual ribs.

They come from a part of the loin or butt. There are 2 styles.

Did a search and got a full explanation on Country Ribs,

Country-style ribs (a.k.a. Country Ribs). Country-style ribs (a.k.a. Country Ribs). Country-style ribs are not really ribs. They are really pork chops, more meaty and less fatty than real ribs, and should be cooked like chops, not ribs. They are cut from the front end of the baby backs near the shoulder and a tray of country-style ribs in the grocery store might contain a rib or two but more than likely they there will be a section of shoulder blade. Because they vary in size and thickness, they are hard to cook to an even doneness. Depending on how they are cut, a serving will be one or two country ribs. For big hungry men, perhaps three. They respond well to brining before low and slow cooking.

Thanks Adam, this asks the question, when's a Rib not a Rib! [emoji]128515[/emoji]
The Mc Rib comes to mind
icon_rolleyes.gif

You guys might beat me up for this but country style ribs are great.  Meaty, cheap, easy peasy!

Reactions: boboso
CSR's are tasty, and making burnt ends out of them is a nice treat as well!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky