Jar storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdkid

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 14, 2015
Pierre, SD
Besides the expensive trays...... What is the easiest, mo fuss way to store unused jars?

Storage cabinets from Walmart - inexpensive, and they hold a lot, too:

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

00Q0Q_22J6NVzV3Ax_600x450.jpg

I use these stackable plastic crates for my quart jars. Holds aboiut 20 jars and stack nicely. I found them on craigslist from a greenhouse (used to ship plants) for under $3 apiece. I line them with cardboard and put jar upside down to keep them clean.

51d4A8EmtOL._SX425_.jpg

I use this style for my Pint jars and smaller. You can get 24 pints if doublestacked (cardboard between) If you get the taller ones. These were $3-$4 apiece and a few less than that at a garage sale.

I know you said no plastic but they are a one-time purchase that last a lifetime and can be bought on sale or garage sales or craigslist, just take your time and add a few at a time.

Besides, it's late fall and all your jars should be full!

Barry.

We use crates and boxes, When there are extra clean/sterilized jars left we put the lids and rings on back in the boxes and put away for next go around. They are clean so we don't have to clean again just sterilize / hot water bath depending on the next use.

Thanks Barry. I hadn't thought of these type crates. I was referring more to the one they sell specially for the mason jars. They are a bit spendy. I have a few of both these style and will try them out.

I know you said no plastic but they are a one-time purchase that last a lifetime and can be bought on sale or garage sales or craigslist, just take your time and add a few at a time.

Besides, it's late fall and all your jars should be full!

Barry.

I use a old book self that was free along the road for my canned foods, but have bought Muscle rack shelving for pantry foods and for tool storage. They hold a lot of weight per shelf and are adjustable. Walmart has them the cheapest I've found, although they are rated for slightly less weight than the ones at Lowes. I doubt you'll be using them to put engine blocks on, so they will be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky