1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jar storage

Discussion in 'Canning & Storage' started by sdkid, Nov 4, 2018.

1. sdkid

sdkid Fire Starter

Besides the expensive trays...... What is the easiest, mo fuss way to store unused jars?

2. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Storage cabinets from Walmart - inexpensive, and they hold a lot, too:

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Dang Pop's did you leave anything in the store?

Storage always seems to be a problem.

Warren

4. biteme7951

biteme7951 Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]
    I use these stackable plastic crates for my quart jars. Holds aboiut 20 jars and stack nicely. I found them on craigslist from a greenhouse (used to ship plants) for under $3 apiece. I line them with cardboard and put jar upside down to keep them clean.

[​IMG]
    I use this style for my Pint jars and smaller. You can get 24 pints if doublestacked (cardboard between) If you get the taller ones. These were $3-$4 apiece and a few less than that at a garage sale.

I know you said no plastic but they are a one-time purchase that last a lifetime and can be bought on sale or garage sales or craigslist, just take your time and add a few at a time.

Besides, it's late fall and all your jars should be full!

Barry.

5. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

We use crates and boxes, When there are extra clean/sterilized jars left we put the lids and rings on back in the boxes and put away for next go around. They are clean so we don't have to clean again just sterilize / hot water bath depending on the next use.

6. sdkid

sdkid Fire Starter

Thanks Barry. I hadn't thought of these type crates. I was referring more to the one they sell specially for the mason jars. They are a bit spendy. I have a few of both these style and will try them out.