Jambalaya

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last nights dinner was simple, fast, and delicious!

DSCN4422.jpg

I am a big fan of Zatarains. Hmm, I'm a poet, and didn't know it!
Start out with 2 boxes of their mix. And add:
1/2 pound of precooked and seasoned chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
1/2 pound of smoked Andouille sausage.
1/2 pound med. cooked shrimp.
1 pack. 14 oz. of imitation crab meat.
Cook according to the boxes instructions.

DSCN4423.jpg

Done! I add a jar of med. heat salsa at the end for more veggies and moisture. And it heats it up a tad as well.

Last edited:
Lookin real good Steve. Is it very spicy? I like all of those ingredients, but Wife doesn't like a lot of spice.
Might be able to make this if it is not too spicy.
Thanks for sharing.

Lookin real good Steve. Is it very spicy? I like all of those ingredients, but Wife doesn't like a lot of spice.
Might be able to make this if it is not too spicy.
Thanks for sharing.
This is slightly spicy. Not hot at all. You ever had that salsa I posted before? If so. It is a bit less then that.

I've had the Tostito's medium salsa, and it's not too spicy. I could use their mild stuff too. Ok this is going on my to try list. Thanks for expanding my culinary horizons.

I make pretty much same dish in insta pot. Set insta pot to saute add butter. Brown sausage any veggies, i add chopped onion and little fresh garlic. Put in required amount of liquid, i use 50 chicken broth and 50 water. Stir in rice with sausage and any other proteins you want and add any extra seasoning you like. set pot to meat and time 5 min. Let steam release on its on and eat. Total 20 min or little more.

Looks great . Big fan of Zatarains myself . Always have some in the pantry .
Nice meal .

Me oh my oh, I got to go get me some of that

Looks real good Steve ! I like having a mix of proteins in mine too. I like the idea of adding the salsa at the end. LIKE!

Wowzer that looks phenomenal
Thank you!

Looks great . Big fan of Zatarains myself . Always have some in the pantry .
Nice meal .
Thank you. I still have 6 boxes in stock. Love the stuff!

Me oh my oh, I got to go get me some of that
Lol, thanks!

Looks real good Steve ! I like having a mix of proteins in mine too. I like the idea of adding the salsa at the end. LIKE!
Thanks Travis! I started adding salsa a few years ago. When for some reason I batch I made came out dry. So in a attempt to correct it. I added salsa. Been doing it ever since. Really like the flavor it adds.

Steve H Steve H Even your simple and fast looks great. I'd put a hurting on myself with that.
Thank you sir!

Looks great Steve! I like adding stewed tomatoes or diced/salsa to mine too. Keeps it a bit moist and helps with reheating the next day.

I'll take a bowl...or three of that Steve!! That's very similar to one I'm known to toss together in Winter when you jut need some warm and comforting food. Good job on the fly putting together a nice dinner buddy.

Robert

Looks great Steve! I like adding stewed tomatoes or diced/salsa to mine too. Keeps it a bit moist and helps with reheating the next day.
Thank you! Once I even added tomato juice because I didn't have any salsa.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky