Jack Daniels Whiskey barrel chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerlover

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
N.W. PA
I got the chips and have used them in the past but I don't notice the flavor of them. Am I using too much smoke?
I know about the TBS but it seems anytime I try to keep the smoke thin it's not smokey enough.

Actually my problem goes with all chips- apple, cherry, etc. So should I just make less smoke for longer periods to get the "flavor" of the type of wood or doesn't that matter too much.

I am a fan of hickory so I don't worry about the flavor of that wood but I would really like to taste the JD in my pulled pork. I'm planning it for when I go camping next weekend. Any advice will help

What kind of smoker are you using? In a grill, I use soaked chips. But when I smoke, I use chunks.

The chips burn up fast. But chunks are big enough to burn down and smolder.

Sorry. GOSM Big Block. I use the factory smoke box but it doesn't turn the wood to ash, it burns it black and then smokes no more.

I don't know that you will get a HUGE hit of Jack if you use jack daniels infused chips...because it would be really subtle. You might get better results if you use it in your spray or mop, or better yet, in a glass beside your plate!
cool.gif

Smoke On!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky