Jack Daniels Meatloaf AND Bacon Weave?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GrumpyGriller

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 29, 2021
I am planning to make a smoked and stuffed (with cheese) this weekend. It's going to be a Jack Daniels Whiskey infused loaf, with JD mixed into the beef/pork mixture as well as in the sauce. I am strongly considering a basket weave on top simply because it's bacon.

My question is will the bacon overtake the flavor (not that that is bad)....just don't want to waste good whiskey :)

With due attribution, this (modified as always) is the base recipe:

Thanks

Wouldnt think so......But I'm no pro. Looking forward to pics of your cook. Love me some smoked 'loaf.
Jim

Wouldnt think so......But I'm no pro. Looking forward to pics of your cook. Love me some smoked 'loaf.
Jim
Thanks - I will post when it's all done...

Making the Smoked Meatloaf, Pulled Teriyaki Chicken, Dr, Pepper Ribs, Chantilly Potatoes, Smashed Potatoes, and Mexican Street Corn Casserole :emoji_alien:

Maybe It's just me but whiskey in anything but a glass is a waste
You use a glass ? Hmm .
I use it in sauce , mostly for chicken . I always boil the alcohol out first .
Doesn't take much to get some flavor from it , but I understand what you're saying .
I will post when it's all done...
Sounds good .

Reactions: motocrash and PPG1
The bacon will not overpower the meatloaf. It will help keep it from drying out. You can also pour a little JD over the bacon.

aking the Smoked Meatloaf, Pulled Teriyaki Chicken, Dr, Pepper Ribs, Chantilly Potatoes, Smashed Potatoes, and Mexican Street Corn Casserole

Sounds like a nice batch of good food
I'm no expert but i have done a meatloaf it was great, also did a Fattie with the bacon weave. It was also fantastic. The bacon was great and you could taste the bacon on the fattie. But it did not soak through the fattie so that is all you tasted. I think you will be fine.
Go for it and post pictures please

David

Reactions: GrumpyGriller
I'm no expert but i have done a meatloaf it was great, also did a Fattie with the bacon weave. It was also fantastic. The bacon was great and you could taste the bacon on the fattie. But it did not soak through the fattie so that is all you tasted. I think you will be fine.

David
The meatloaf came out very nice and moist….I used my own homemade bacon!
9656781A-652B-4F1B-92AD-5E6F8C6B117B.jpeg 1ECF2B93-6784-4D1E-9B93-2EB89E145300.jpeg 34BBA910-3F3F-4150-B2B0-8C8556D83471.jpeg 0D4845E2-E54A-4A16-A664-9E7104B1FC36.jpeg 4051F44A-B346-4D08-B005-F11876973CB1.jpeg D293A6AB-4DA1-490E-BD95-DEF523CF569D.jpeg

Reactions: disco
Pulled Teriyaki Chicken

Looks like it all turned out great. Are you happy with the addition of the bacon, and ribs look great also
(I was looking forward to your Teriyaki Chicken as i really like Teriyaki. ) But i have had many cooks i'v done change on the fly as things and time change

Great spread

David.....ps: love the cookie in the Ci pan

David
Looks like it all turned out great. Are you happy with the addition of the bacon, and ribs look great also
(I was looking forward to your Teriyaki Chicken as i really like Teriyaki. ) But i have had many cooks i'v done change on the fly as things and time change

Great spread

David.....ps: love the cookie in the Ci pan
Here’s what left of 4 large chicken breasts 😀. I made the teriyaki marinade/sauce myself.

The ribs were Dr Pepper braised wit a spicy Dr Pepper sauce. They were yummy as well!

2736DB5F-24E6-47C9-9903-96E84090A355.jpeg

I did like the bacon…added to the flavor and keep it moist as well.

The Ci was a molten lava cake in a 14” skillet and was definitely not for anyone watching calories. I did this one with cookie pieces and some caramel.

As we all so, I like, to have some fun with this... here's my menu that I shared with the family 😁

47A1E842-EBAA-4305-BEC3-D67AE01A58E3.jpeg

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Here’s what left of 4 large chicken breasts 😀. I made the teriyaki marinade/sauce myself.

The ribs were Dr Pepper braised wit a spicy Dr Pepper sauce. They were yummy as well!

I did like the bacon…added to the flavor and keep it moist as well.

The Ci was a molten lava cake in a 14” skillet and was definitely not for anyone watching calories. I did this one with cookie pieces and some caramel.

As we all so, I like, to have some fun with this... here's my menu that I shared with the family 😁

View attachment 498159

Thanks all!

It all looks great, I bet everyone had fun, I also did a Menu up for My Mother in Law when we had a get together couple months back
Mind if I ask about your Teriyaki sauce

David

ps: thanks for the likes

It all looks great, I bet everyone had fun, I also did a Menu up for My Mother in Law when we had a get together couple months back
Mind if I ask about your Teriyaki sauce

David

ps: thanks for the likes
With all due attribution... I adapted thIs as my base recipe even though it was meant for slicing. I marinated 8-9 hours, and added more garlic and ginger. I also did not use water, only pineapple juice. I cooked the chicken for about 3 1/2 hours to an IT of 160, let it rest for a bir, then pulled it.

The sauce uses the marinade, so it's easy enough to make

Let me know if you make it 😁

Thanks , i have a few recipes but yours looks good also. I printed it off. Thanks
I use pineapple juice a lot as it helps break down meat a little( tenderize ) I'm like
you i borrow items from one recipe add to other recipes to make them better ( sometimes not )
for what i am cooking

David

Thanks , i have a few recipes but yours looks good also. I printed it off. Thanks
I use pineapple juice a lot as it helps break down meat a little( tenderize ) I'm like
you i borrow items from one recipe add to other recipes to make them better ( sometimes not )
for what i am cooking

David
If you change it up and find something interesting, I'll give it a shot as well. I just wanted to give credit to HGH even though I changed it up a bit.

Good luck!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky