It's Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Time to get back into my norm.

Going with this mix for 5 pounds. 3 lbs 90/10 gb and 2 lb fresh ground pork (no additives)

20220117_093244.jpg

It's about time Rick been missing those pics of all that great sausage you make. Have you managed to get a chamber set up yet or still working it all out?

It's about time Rick been missing those pics of all that great sausage you make. Have you managed to get a chamber set up yet or still working it all out?
Im still working on it, i need a larger cooler

Daughter keeps the house at 74*

Soooooo

I not seen this cold temps since we left PA.

I'm mixing in the garage at a temp of 27*

20220117_130255.jpg

Ready for mixing.
20220117_131449.jpg

Dang i had to work fast as the meat was starting to thick from the cold.

This is what your looking for.
20220117_133120.jpg

No in a container and cover, fridge for couple days.
20220117_133424.jpg

Stuffed tonight, Supposed to be chilly and misty in the morning. I will do these in the snoopy smoker. I did buy a blanket for it today. Smoke will be Apple.

I got 4, 1.5lb chubs.
germb.jpg

Going to hang all night in garage. My instant read say 47*

Right now they are hanging in our room but instant read says 73
(i dont think my wife would like me to shut fire place off)

germb1.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
So, what is this? A German maple bologna with extra maple cure? I have a little German in me and I grew up in Minnesota which to Californians is in Canada so maple is a thing with me.

Mixing two cures, both with nitrite. What is the mixture of the two? How much of each for that 5# batch?
Mix was at 2tsp per pound of meat. (I added a T extra)
Maple/cure was at 1 3/4tsp per pound of meat.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
So, what is this? A German maple bologna with extra maple cure? I have a little German in me and I grew up in Minnesota which to Californians is in Canada so maple is a thing with me.
Its a pre packaged mix. I dont live in Ca so i cant say nuthin bout that.....HA

Reactions: Sven Svensson
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky