It's not Smoked and it"s not BBQ but it"s Dang Good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
xray Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

The soup is a simple recipe I just make a vegetable beef soup and add the crab meat to it. I make around 2 gallons and add at least 2 lbs crab meat. Not much beef and cut very fine about 1/4 to 1/2" cubes. Add Old Bay to taste we use a lot. The traditional Maryland vegetable crab they add bodies and claws I don't just crab meat. I don't like the crab parts in it because trying to eat the parts you have soup dripping off your elbows. :emoji_laughing:
My wife would rather have cream of crab soup.

Warren

Last edited:
Richie (tropics) Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Second time out this year been real slow crabbing in my area caught 3/4 bushel last time. Had a lot of fun with grandson and his intended he just turned 21.

Warren

Foamy Thanks for thee like it is appreciated.
Glad I can spend time with grandson and still able go out on the boat at 76 he had to do a lot of the work I mainly just run the boat.

Warren

Was a great time with grandson and his intended.

Thanks for the like John (SmokinVOLfan) it is appreciated.

Warren

xray Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

The soup is a simple recipe I just make a vegetable beef soup and add the crab meat to it. I make around 2 gallons and add at least 2 lbs crab meat. Not much beef and cut very fine about 1/4 to 1/2" cubes. The traditional Maryland vegetable crab they add bodies and claws I don't just crab meat. I don't like the crab parts in it because trying to eat the parts you have soup dripping off your elbows. :emoji_laughing:
My wife would rather have cream of crab soup.

Warren

My uncle used to make it and bring it to parties back in the day and always loved it. I made it years ago following another recipe but I didn’t care for it.

It’s something I’m looking forward to making again this fall.

My uncle used to make it and bring it to parties back in the day and always loved it. I made it years ago following another recipe but I didn’t care for it.

It’s something I’m looking forward to making again this fall.

I forgot to tell you add Old Bay to taste, I did change the 1st post,

Warren

Great catch and good eats! Do you ever make crab cakes with your leftovers? I need a good recipe.

I do make crab cakes.

A simple recipe 1 lb crab meat 2 tablespoons mayo or salad dressing you choice
2 tablespoons mustard 1 large egg old bay seasoning to taste. I measure about 2/3 cups to a cake you should get about 5.

Yes no filler in my cakes if you desire to do so you can add fine cracker meal to stiffen them up some but I don't they will be real wet. Fry till golden brown on both sides. If you try to deep fry the will fall apart.

Warren

Growing up in SE La I can appreciate the work that went into catching that hamper of crabs. Down here we boil em in crab boil. I've never eaten steamers but they do look delicious, and the left over meat, I am so jealous.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky