It's been a crazy past few months to say the least.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
The past few months have just been just been nuts around here. I can't even remember the last time I had time to fired up my smoker. We have been trying to sell our house and also find a new house to move into. The original house that we really wanted sold before we could find a buyer for our house so we had to start looking all over again and we just couldn't find anything we liked. To make a long story short. In the past week we received an offer on our house which was actually higher then we were asking and we just put a offer in on a brand new house that was just built and they signed off on it two hours later. So as long as everything goes through with inspections and appraisals we should be moving out of our house and into a new one in June. And to top it off our first born child is being born this week so we just barely made our deadline. I intent to celebrate today as my wife is out of town for the night with her parents and this is probably the last alone time I will have before the baby is born. I am going to have a few cocktails and get my UDS fired up. I hope everyone else is feeling as good as I am right about now. Now lets just hope that everything goes well with the baby and with the house selling/buying. Wish me luck and here is a toast to all my SMF friends.
cheers.gif

Congrats on the houses and the new light in your life on the way.

Sounds a little crazy, but kick back and reflect on those blessings; they seem to be a good problem to have.

CONGRATS!!!! Sounds like everything is working out well!!    A celebratory smoking session in the new house is mandatory!

Sounds like you have a lot on the table. All good things to have though. Two big changes in life. Good luck to you! My deer hunting partner just had a baby on saturday, I told him Good Planned Parenthood. Ha ha

Congrats, selling a house and moving are very stressful and just under the stress of having a baby, which you are going though too.  Good Luck  :)

Congrats on both the house and the baby Ross. Glad to see things worked out for you  

Congrats on the new Baby and best of luck with the houses...JJ

I'll join you in a Diet Rite Zero! lol!  Glad you got the housing situated.  Had the same problem 10 yrs ago when my wife moved here with my youngest son. I was in a loft tiny tiny tiny apartment, she called, said the moving van left an hour ago, will be in Fort Worth in 72 hours, what is our new address for a rental house so they can drop off the furniture??  Grabbed my oldest son who was there with me, got a realtor/property management co. and looked, toured, haggled with down payments, advance deposits, 3 month initial rental fees, insurances, etc. got the keys handed to me 1 hour before the truck arrived.  Whew! It was a close one!  Wife and youngest son and dog arrived an hour after the furniture, 1800 miles away!

very cool Ross and congrats to a new space and a soon to be new face!

What a great way start a new part of your familys life.  Treasure each moment with your new child.  They grow up too soon.  So, do you know if you're buying a baseball mitt or a doll for baby's first present?
Sounds  like the first present will be a doll. But you never know, I'm still holding out for  a boy. hehe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky