Italian Sausage!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twistertail

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Central Ohio
Smoked some Italian Sausages over the weekend and they were great. I've done them several times at work so finally had to do some at home for my wife. Works great for a quick smoke, about 2 hours in the smoker and they were done. They taste so much better than grilling and are so easy to do, just open the package and put them in the smoker. If you have not done sausages or brats in the smoker yet you really need to try it.

gotta agree with ya, fresh sausage on the smoker is a totally different treat than grilling!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

twistertail, I had a little extra room yesterday in the smoker and put in 2 fresh sausage links as well as 4 cheese stuffed pablono's wrapped with bacon.. The sausage turned out pretty good. The wife and I had it for a snack soon after it came off. I'll have to try the italian sausage, sounds good. Thanks

I use Cherry, Hickory, or Persimmon.
icon_wink.gif

Sometimes I use the smoked Italian links to then make Lasagna.
icon_biggrin.gif

If you haven't had that,,,,you have been missin out.
icon_wink.gif

I smoke J/ville Sweet Italian Sausage. It really adds to spaghetti & meatballs, just slice up 2-3 sausages in the mix. You can chop it fine and add it to the stuffing for stuffed mushrooms then smoke them. I also slice them and use them on pizza. Possibilities are endless.
Here is a batch I smoked last week along with some Earl Campbell's Hot Links, the links are the darker ones -
cc2bb697_vbattach17048.jpg

ba23ecd6_vbattach17047.jpg

4db988ce_vbattach17046.jpg

a4865455_vbattach17045.jpg

5ea0bd96_vbattach17044.jpg

I will usually throw some brats or Italian Sausage on the smoker while doing longer smokes for snacks, even if I do have a FATTY or ATB's on.

Thanks for the idea twistertail.

Peculiarmike, did you really have to post that Q-view? That homemade pizza looked awsome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky