Italian Pressed sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking sandwich. I have a Rome firepit panini maker. Fun toy. I usually do Cubans in it. Works on the Kamado too. Going to try it with homemade dough. I usually use either Italian of Cuban bread I've made separately

Homemade Cuban Bread.jpg
panini in the firepit.jpg
. I have couple of these and we'll set up a build your own table and drink while they're cooking.
500x500(1)-httpsimages.esellerpro.com2265I66491305.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks delicious Rich. Perfection all around. I too can eat that whole sandwich as a meal in itself. Thanks for sharing.

Man that looks good Rich. I think I know what I'm having this weekend.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice looking plate of food Rich! That’s a stromboli to me but you can call it whatever you want and I’ll still gladly devour it.

Going to get a cold front this weekend. The firepit will be lit. Friends are coming over and we're going to try your dough recipe. Thanks for sharing. I have no clue how it will work out. Hopefully we won't burn them.

We'll be making Tampa style Cubans (with salami) and drinking Sneaky Susans. (double shot Bacardi soda water and a splash of diet coke with lime) better than a Cuba Libre. We're celebrating being almost recovered from the wrath of Ian.

I'm all in for some of that. Great looking sammich! Those wings look good too.
Does the 10 minute wait before adding salt give you a tastier dough / yeastier?

Great looking sammich! Those wings look good too.
Thanks bud . I set that ninja to air crisp but use the grill plate . You'd have a hard time knowing those wings weren't fried . Perfect skin .
Does the 10 minute wait before adding salt give you a tastier dough / yeastier?
I do that to let the moisture equal out some . I add the salt at that point so it doesn't effect / kill the yeast . Dough is still loose enough that it gets mixed in .
Thanks for the comments .

Hey John . Good to see ya . Hope you're feeling better .
Thanks for the comment .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky