Italian Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Been wanting something different so decided to butterfly a small deboned butt about 5# and season with a white wine rub down then traditional Porchetta seasoning. Roll it back up, tie it, rest over night then smoke until IT of about 190-195F.

61DF0B1B-7255-450C-93E2-13FCF427BA43.jpeg

Here we are at about 4 hours in smoke.

C661259E-0A3F-4D0D-9FD9-C7554DF4B55A.jpeg

Thinking of a Fettuccine Alfredo to compliment.

Looking like a winner so far and that meat has fettuccine alfredo written all over it.
I tried not to go to heavy with the spice, but those spices are pungent. Fennel, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and a little lemon zest mixed in with garlic and salt with pepper. So yeah looking for a blank canvas type side and Alfredo screams at me as a nice balance.

Will post up the finish in a few hours. Maybe throw in some Brussel sprouts.

Reactions: DougE
Thank you Keith. Not bad for 4 hours, but we have a ways to go. I’ll probably wrap for the finish but we shall see.

Reactions: 912smoker
I got distracted with company last night but here are the finish pics.

4F3A5C38-698C-4FA8-A64C-1BC077675573.jpeg

I didn’t take much time slicing just getting it done.

2A3C8C63-74D0-43D0-8D81-2C79B9B19360.jpeg

I did get a plate shot with homemade Alfredo over fettuccine with some steamed Brussel sprouts. This pork was over the top delicious. The spice and herb flavors were not in your face but rather melded into the meat, porky Smokey herby spiced goodness. Was delicious.

0B6D1BCB-7840-4D89-8A83-EFE8678D832C.jpeg

I am duly impressed!! That looks amazing and the flavors you created with the spices in the pork must have been drool worthy. Very nice job and a beautiful meal. Be proud of that one sir :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I got distracted with company last night but here are the finish pics.

View attachment 641685
I didn’t take much time slicing just getting it done.

View attachment 641686
I did get a plate shot with homemade Alfredo over fettuccine with some steamed Brussel sprouts. This pork was over the top delicious. The spice and herb flavors were not in your face but rather melded into the meat, porky Smokey herby spiced goodness. Was delicious.

View attachment 641687
Looks divine!!!
Mouth is watering looking at it.

Lucy

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky