Italian Night in the Relleno House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Second lunch, huh? I don't even want to know about dinner.

What through me for a loop on your menu was the "Prosciutto Panino". I'm pretty familiar with Italian food and the language so that was simple. Prosciutto=cured Italian ham, unsmoked. Panino=singular of the term panini and a sandwich normally served on some type of hinged roll that is grilled and pressed. So, I figured it was one large panino sliced in individual portions to share. Went through the photos several times and didn't see such an item so, on a lark, I Googled the term and saw loads of photos of mozzarella sticks wrapped in prosciutto which resembled what you had on a platter. That's all good and I've done something similar many times but I can't figure out what language deficient wizard decided to call it a panino. Only in America.

Second lunch, huh? I don't even want to know about dinner.

What through me for a loop on your menu was the "Prosciutto Panino". I'm pretty familiar with Italian food and the language so that was simple. Prosciutto=cured Italian ham, unsmoked. Panino=singular of the term panini and a sandwich normally served on some type of hinged roll that is grilled and pressed. So, I figured it was one large panino sliced in individual portions to share. Went through the photos several times and didn't see such an item so, on a lark, I Googled the term and saw loads of photos of mozzarella sticks wrapped in prosciutto which resembled what you had on a platter. That's all good and I've done something similar many times but I can't figure out what language deficient wizard decided to call it a panino. Only in America.
Beats me man, I just rolled'em up.
I have no Italian heritage, don't speak the language, but I do have some Italian heritage acquaintances here in the US and two born/bred Italians that I online game with.
The two natural borns laugh at us Americans all the time, and I laugh at them too.

That is another amazing plate Chile! Like dls1, I'd never heard of a Panino, couldn't even find it on Google. Today, at the grocery...
panino.jpg

I'd never noticed it before!

Mike

That is another amazing plate Chile! Like dls1, I'd never heard of a Panino, couldn't even find it on Google. Today, at the grocery...
View attachment 374134
I'd never noticed it before!

Mike
Thank you Mike.
ETA: I just noticed that those are pepperoni.
I'm going to have to find some extra thick pepperoni, and some hot capicola.

Last edited:
My wife obviously loves me <3
She packed the last piece of leftover Chicken Parmesan in my lunch, andI know she wanted it.
Maybe her talk (hints) about homemade Lasagna should be followed up on.

Last edited:
They need to add a 2nd like button for stuff like this hahaha.

Everything looks fantastic as usual!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky