It started raining on my first smoke...HELP!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ob 1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Northern VA (Metro DC)
The rain came in 4 hours sooner than forcast (Thanks local weather guy :>().  My smoker temp keeps dropping into the danger zone.  I've kept the side FB door open to no luck.  I'm now adding more lumps to the fire...Any otehr suggestions so as not to 'rain out' my first smoke????

Thanks 

OB

Last edited:
Try to rig a tarp over the top or maybe move it under cover but a place with good ventilation

How did it turn out?

Temps came up and all was well.  Chicken was juicy, tender and smoky. AKA - GREAT!

I've just pulled some baby back ribs off and the rub was a success for a newb.  Used a combo of AC Legg's # 25 rub and added additional brown sugar and paprika.  Not bad for a first time.  Got some shoulder and big boy ribs ready in the fridge for tomorrow....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky