It Begins!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Fremont Michigan
Oh boy! The excitement and anxiety of the big cook. Once again it's time for the big annual BBQ my wife and I host. Someone sometime dubbed it the Festival Of Meat and that's what it has become. 7 pound brisket and 10 pound butt are on! So much more to follow.
IMG_20180720_215457748.jpg

Wow looks really good. Anxious to see finish

It's a marathon not a sprint. CSR's, two kinds of homemade sausages, char sui chicken breast, Sriracha braided pork loin, fried walleye. Maybe some other stuff. Not sure yet. About 80 to 100 people. Homebrew Showcase starts at 2:00 and the feast at 5:00and goes till everyone falls into a food coma.

That's alot of people to feed. Looking good so far

Sounds like your going to be busy. It also looks like it's going to be a good time. Enjoy and let us know how it turns out.

Chris

I'm up and back at it. MES is still chugging along. AMNPS still making smoke. Butt and brisket looking good. IT at 180 and climbing. Not planning on eating till 5 so they both be done and resting comfortably in the cooler in plenty of time. Time to get the tents up!

IMG_20180721_105156089.jpg
Brisket went faster than anticipated but that's ok. Time for it to take a nap. I'll just pan it later and warm it in the smoker. Tri-tips almost ready to go on. Butt still chugging.

This all sounds like you need an extra mouth to feed and sample home brew with!!! :D
Looks good so far and sounds great!!!

Oh my heck! All over but for the dishes. Tried to get pics but it all happens so fast. Managed a couple of the Showcase and 1 of the spread before the locusts decended.
IMG_20180721_140049620.jpg
IMG_20180721_143430940.jpg
IMG_20180721_171310882.jpg

Pulled pork, brisket, tri-tips, cudighi, and sweet garlic and onion links, fried walleye, CSR's, char sui chicken breast, and Sriracha pork loin braid. The weather wasn't great but we still had about 75 people and went through 50 pounds of meat. And I won the wine category of the Showcase so it was a pretty darn good day!

What people have a hard time believing is that though this is a big cook I don't eat very much at all. By the time it's all ready I tired of it and don't really want any. I'll eat the heck out of it tomorrow though.

Impressive! Most impressive! Looks like that was a great day. I would love to cook for a big crowd but we just don’t have the room for that kind of company. I like to share the fruits of my labors when I can.

George

That looks great! im sure everyone loved it and you were the Hero of the day. i did something similar for my church about a month ago were i cooked for 150 people. i know its fun but causes ya to worry your food is good etc. and when its done you are exhausted! cooking for a large group is a great thing to do every once in a while but it good not to do it all the time! i think you did excellent!

Happy Smoking (for everybody),
phatbac (Aaron)

Dang it looks like you nailed that one Jared. Great job.

Point for sure.

Chris

btw what's cudighi?

Looked like it was a fine affair with alot of satisfied faces. Congrats on your wine placing. Compliments on your menu, if anyone walked away dissatisfied it was there own fault. Cudighi is a spicy, sweet Italian sausage thats delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky